a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

jstv

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

viki
New in Town

jstv

Postby viki » January 26th, 2011 9:30 am

I am looking into subscribing to jstv and wonder if anyone has any views on how useful it is, bearing in mind that it seems expensive. My main reason to subscribe would be to hear lots of useful everyday japanese, hopefully to help me improve speaking and listening. I have intermediate/higher intermediate language levels.

mieth
Expert on Something

Postby mieth » January 29th, 2011 7:01 am

hey viki, I don't know where you live but I looked at the site and if you are located in the US it looks like it is going to be a no go because I think it is only available in Europe and maybe part of northern Africa. I don't know if you have heard of keyhole or not but it is a free program that allows you to watch the local public channels. Unfortunately the quality is questionable at best. The audio end up being pretty poor and the image and audio get out of sync really easily, especially if there are a lot of users. I just found this today. http://www.wist.tv . It is still somewhat expensive at 30 bucks a month. There are only 5 channels but the quality might be a lot better than keyhole. I think they are probably doing a sling box setup. This is also for view on your computer. I think the plan b which allows you to watch on your tv is like 50. I am mulling around getting it myself. Might be worth checking out.

Get 40% OFF
viki
New in Town

jstv

Postby viki » January 29th, 2011 2:33 pm

thanks for the response Mieth. In fact I'm in the UK, so reception for jstv shouldn't be an issue but I'll follow up your other suggestions whilst I continue to weigh up the usefulness of jstv

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”