a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

? about anki how to reverse question/answer in card

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dudnaito
Been Around a Bit

? about anki how to reverse question/answer in card

Postby dudnaito » October 10th, 2009 2:04 am

I must have searched for an hour looking for the answer to this question. All the "maker" of this program does is guide you to the faq, but the faq doesn't seem to address this. I don't understand why it's not easy to do, or maybe it is, and i'm just dumb.

For instance, i downloaded a kanji pack, and instead of looking at the kanji and answering the "meaning," i'd like the reverse of that. I'd like to look at the meaning, and mentally write the kanji...

Thanks for any replies. I'm very confused and frustrated right now.

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » October 10th, 2009 4:06 pm

Anki isn't the most intuitive when it comes to operations like this, but I believe you can either go into deck properties and edit the current model or, more easily, go into the card search area, select all and click "generate cards" from the edit menu. Select the field you want to appear on the front, and then execute the operation. In theory, this will get you what you're after-- you will probably want to delete the unwanted ones after that.

Good luck-- it is a bit of a hassle!
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Join by May 6th
Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » October 13th, 2009 6:21 am

If I've understood the problem correctly, you might also be able to do it with tags. If you go to 'settings' you will see an option called 'inactive tags'. The maker of your kanji deck might have suspended all the 'production' cards - in which case if you unsuspend it, you will be able to test yourself on the meanings.

john10074
New in Town

Postby john10074 » April 30th, 2010 11:53 am

Linux Foundation complies with term life insurance the United States ("US")/European Union ("EU") Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the EU. Individuals who ] homeowners insurance wish to file a complaint or who take issue with Linux Foundation's EU Safe Harbor policies should direct such communication to Linux Foundation Legal Services - Privacy via written communication at the contact information provided below. Filing a complaint in English will expedite the process. Linux Foundation will bankruptcy records investigate and attempt to resolve complaints regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Privacy Statement. For complaints that cannot be resolved between Linux Foundation and the complainant, auto loans Linux Foundation participates in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities to resolve disputes pursuant to the Safe Harbor framework.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”