Or sign up using Facebook

Dictionary Software

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

alexlimbert
New in Town

Dictionary Software

Postby alexlimbert » October 8th, 2009 4:38 am

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a windows based Japanese/English English/Japanese Kanji dictionary that allows you to enter BOTH the number of strokes in the overall kanji and the number of strokes in the radical.

Something like the Canon Wordtank but for the computer....

Thanks!!!

Alex

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » October 10th, 2009 4:08 pm

I always recommend JWPce and Wakan to people. They're both great programs with respectable kanji lookup functions.

Hope that helps!
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Join by May 6th
alexlimbert
New in Town

Postby alexlimbert » October 11th, 2009 5:44 pm

Very much appreciated, however I don't beleive these have the feature I am looking for (i.e. the kind that's in the Canon Wordtank).

I would like to be able to simulataniously input both the number of strokes in the radical and the number of strokes in the overall kanji.

Another feature I would like is to be able to have a hot key to automatically lookup any highlighted word (e.g. highlight word and hit Ctrl-C) .

Thanks.

Alex

salat
New in Town

Suggestion

Postby salat » October 12th, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi,
just like you i searched for a dictionary a few weeks ago, that would satisfy my needs, but i didn't find any free one.
So i started to write my own. It's available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/engjapdictiona/.
It doesn't have the feature you mentioned just yet. But there's a forum available where you can post your ideas. If you could describe your exact idea, maybe a screenshot of an existing program that looks like you mean it, that would be great.
If you haven't already found a good one including your feature and are willing to wait a few days or a week maybe (can't tell just yet^^), i'm willing to implement any good idea.

Cress
New in Town

Postby Cress » December 22nd, 2009 5:32 pm

Take a look at Zkanji http://zkanji.sourceforge.net/
I believe it's just the thing.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”