Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

any other korean speakers here? japanese through korean...?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

holdfast
New in Town

any other korean speakers here? japanese through korean...?

Postby holdfast » April 22nd, 2009 2:48 am

hi everyone! i am brand new here (this is my first post) - i am a very active user of koreanclass101.com and have decided to take my japanese studies a bit more seriously as well.

my question is this: does anyone know of any websites where i can find basic japanese grammar explained in korean? i am a native english speaker, but since i understand korean fairly well, and grammatically japanese and korean are similar, i think it will be easier to learn japanese through korean than through english (the basic grammatical structure, at least).

thanks! ^^

ryowarrior18
Been Around a Bit

Postby ryowarrior18 » April 23rd, 2009 9:13 pm

Wow, I have no idea. Did you ask this question in the Koreanpod forum as well? The people there might know more about Korean than here.

I would suggest web surfing for it, if you have a browser that will pick up Korean pages. I have a lot of Korean friends (exchange students, etc) so I'll ask them if they know of any pages. Good luck in your search!

Join by May 6th
chrishaigh12991
New in Town

Postby chrishaigh12991 » June 14th, 2010 7:21 am

http://www.japanteacher.co.kr/
http://www.hiragana.co.kr/

The first one seems like it might be fairly useful depending on how good/functional your Korean is. The second one is kind of a weird message board setup type of thing but it looks like there might be some good stuff in there. Of course you can always just type/copy and paste 일어 문법 or 일본어 무법 into google and look around and see if anything looks interesting.

I never found studying Japanese in Korean to be very helpful but your mileage may vary. I just do some review stuff in Korean in addition to my Japanese studies so I don't get too rusty. Everyone's different though, so it's at least worth a try.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 14th, 2010 8:34 am

Very interesting idea! I'm actually doing the opposite - learning Korean through Japanese :D I listen to some podcasts that teach Korean in English (KoreanClass101!), but I have also found a few that teach it in Japanese. Since a lot of the grammar concepts are similar, I find that it helps a lot (especially now that I'm getting into particles! I'd be lost if I didn't already know は and が!) :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » June 15th, 2010 7:58 pm

Jessi wrote:Very interesting idea! I'm actually doing the opposite - learning Korean through Japanese :D I listen to some podcasts that teach Korean in English (KoreanClass101!), but I have also found a few that teach it in Japanese. Since a lot of the grammar concepts are similar, I find that it helps a lot (especially now that I'm getting into particles! I'd be lost if I didn't already know は and が!) :)

Jessi-san! :wink:

I'm curious to know why are you learning Korean? I'm also learning Korean too! :)

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » June 16th, 2010 3:07 am

I started getting into K-POP, and I think that fueled my interest :wink: (Japanese music was a big motivation for learning Japanese for me as well) I'm also interested in visiting Korea, and I would like to be able to speak a bit when I go (whenever that may be!) :)

Sindyさんは?
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 19th, 2010 5:46 pm

Jessi wrote:Very interesting idea! I'm actually doing the opposite - learning Korean through Japanese :D I listen to some podcasts that teach Korean in English (KoreanClass101!), but I have also found a few that teach it in Japanese. Since a lot of the grammar concepts are similar, I find that it helps a lot (especially now that I'm getting into particles! I'd be lost if I didn't already know は and が!) :)

I was also thinking of doing something like this once I become fairly fluent in Japanese. I'm wanting to do it this way because of the many books here in Japan and it helps knowing another language other than English. Native English speakers are at a disadvantage since it's the most popular language to learn.

rwhurt
New in Town

Postby rwhurt » June 21st, 2010 12:38 am

I'm doing the JP -> K method as well and it really helps.

I got a game called Touch Dictionary for my Nintendo DS, and it's an English <> Korean >< Japanese dictionary. The best part is that it gives the Korean words in Hanja so it's easier to equate to Japanese.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”