Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese Studies @ York University

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Cruxay
New in Town

Japanese Studies @ York University

Postby Cruxay » June 12th, 2006 2:08 pm

domo domo!

I'm new here, I discovered this site through your podcasts and I want to say thanks so much, they are really helpful and I'd like to return the favour with some of my own material.

Its summer now and I'm looking for ways to stay active with Japanese before I start intermediate level at my university. So this site and the podcasts I'm sure will be a great help (seeing as my study group is always too lazy to meet up).

http://momiji.arts-dlll.yorku.ca/japanese/

Anyways, this is my university's website and it is completely free, it was created by my professor (Ota-sensei) as a way to save on paper and just have everything there for everyone to access! It is a great resource for beginner through to advance Japanese users. It comes with video lectures by my professor (very funny guy too) and tests and exams that were actually used in previous years. Check it out and let me know if it helps with your summer studying at all.

quick navigation:
-menu on the left has all the links to the levels of classes offered (AS/JP1000 6.0 = beginners to AS/JP4000 Advanced Readings in Modern Standard Japanese)
-once you click on one of these, all the good stuff can be found in the "lecture notes" sections.
-otherwise, explore around and you should find it full of interesting stuff!

sutekikanojyo
Established Presence

Postby sutekikanojyo » June 12th, 2006 8:54 pm

marta desu. yoroshiku onegai shimasu :)

thanks! ^.^ this sounds like a great site... i'll keep it handy ^.^
*~.SutekiKanojyo.~*

Get 40% OFF
CrazySwayzee
Been Around a Bit

Postby CrazySwayzee » October 1st, 2006 4:39 am

this E -J Classified Vocabulary is really especially useful for lots of basic words, thanks! :D this'll come in handy!

link: http://buna.arts.yorku.ca/japanese/voc.html

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » October 14th, 2006 1:54 am

This resource is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu.

Nate
Been Around a Bit

Thanks

Postby Nate » October 16th, 2006 1:41 pm

ありがとうございます

Thanks I beleive this will help me learn.

Nate-san

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Japanese Studies @ York University

Postby Ulver_684 » April 5th, 2007 6:19 pm

Cruxay wrote:domo domo!

I'm new here, I discovered this site through your podcasts and I want to say thanks so much, they are really helpful and I'd like to return the favour with some of my own material.

Its summer now and I'm looking for ways to stay active with Japanese before I start intermediate level at my university. So this site and the podcasts I'm sure will be a great help (seeing as my study group is always too lazy to meet up).

http://momiji.arts-dlll.yorku.ca/japanese/

Anyways, this is my university's website and it is completely free, it was created by my professor (Ota-sensei) as a way to save on paper and just have everything there for everyone to access! It is a great resource for beginner through to advance Japanese users. It comes with video lectures by my professor (very funny guy too) and tests and exams that were actually used in previous years. Check it out and let me know if it helps with your summer studying at all.

quick navigation:
-menu on the left has all the links to the levels of classes offered (AS/JP1000 6.0 = beginners to AS/JP4000 Advanced Readings in Modern Standard Japanese)
-once you click on one of these, all the good stuff can be found in the "lecture notes" sections.
-otherwise, explore around and you should find it full of interesting stuff!

Thank You for the information, your University site is very useful! 8) :wink:

adzz182
New in Town

Postby adzz182 » June 3rd, 2007 5:43 pm

owww...you got me really excited then, I was thinking...."hey, wait! I didnt know my university did japanese studies!!!!" - Im at York University, UK - im guessing there is another one.

i couldnt connect, has the site been removed now? i did find another 1 http://buna.arts.yorku.ca/japanese/

is this the same site?

Thanks, anyway.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”