a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Mac OS X Leopard Japanese support

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

danieru_s
Been Around a Bit

Mac OS X Leopard Japanese support

Postby danieru_s » November 3rd, 2007 1:14 am

For Mac OS X users out there, Leopard contains Japanese, Japanese-English, and Japanese Synonyms dictionary built in now. It's actually very nice. I use Pages as my Word Processor, and it provides a right click option that will look up a word in the dictionary. Mind you, I'm still a beginner, but when I'm going through my "daily" lessons (aside from my regular JapanesePod101 fix), I find it quite useful.

The Japanese-English lookup is quite good in that it gives lots of example sentences to show how to use the word.

For example, I wasn't familiar with 気持ちat first -- until I looked it up and remembered hearing it in one of the lessons. The example sentences include (in English):

respect others' feelings
he felt friendly towards me
how does it feel to be a mother
i can understand why he got angry
i wish you would try to understand how i feel
i don't feel like attending a dull lecture

Anyway, if you are a Mac user, and you haven't upgraded yet... this is just one more reason to consider it.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » November 8th, 2007 8:44 pm

While by no means horrible, my move to Leopard has been a little bumpy. I would recommend average users giving it a bit more time before upgrading until more apps have been updated for it.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF
nilfisq
Been Around a Bit

Postby nilfisq » November 10th, 2007 12:18 pm

i did not update yet; i prefer to do a clean install and that takes an awful lot of time, so i'll wait until the first holiday :D

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”