a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Too late???

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

seanolan
Expert on Something

Too late???

Postby seanolan » September 21st, 2006 12:06 am

Does anyone know of any way to take the test if you are too late? I called the number and they give a recorded message (in Japanese...which if you are trying to TAKE the test, you likely don't understand, right? :p ) that apparently says there are no slots available. However, last year when I took it there were several empty seats. Does anyone know of a way to get on a waiting list or some such?

Stupid, once a year test with limited seating, anyway...the TOEFL and TOIC are given several times a year...mutter, sputter...

Sean

Airth
Expert on Something

Postby Airth » September 21st, 2006 12:45 am

I don't think it has anything to do with the number of seats, just that if you miss the deadline then it's all over. You might want to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure.

It certainly would be nice if it took place twice a year, or even if the cut-off date was moved to a later time. But it seems there is no arguing with bureaucracy, I'm afraid.

Get 40% OFF
Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » September 21st, 2006 2:32 am

If you can get your hands on the application form, you can apply until mid-October (but you have to pay a $25 late fee).

But the forms are withdrawn from bookstores on the application deadline, so if you don't have one already, you're it the same boat I am: the one that has "screwed" written on the side of it.

seanolan
Expert on Something

Postby seanolan » September 21st, 2006 3:02 am

You have to first call a number (I have the application form) and get a reservation number to apply late...and the number says there are no more reservation numbers... :(

Sean

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » September 21st, 2006 4:18 am

seanolan wrote:You have to first call a number (I have the application form) and get a reservation number to apply late...and the number says there are no more reservation numbers... :(

Sean

Bummer. I guess that means you've got no choice but to sit out this year. Unless you're willing to travel to another test site or something.

rdesiree
Been Around a Bit

Postby rdesiree » September 21st, 2006 8:39 am

:? I fear it will be of no help for you, guys, but here it comes: the deadline in Italy (and I think throughout europe) is october 3rd. They were still sending out app form at the beginning of this week.
But on the other hand... what about a nice december holiday in Rome ? :wink:

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”