a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Homeschool highschool credit

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dokudakai6124
New in Town

Homeschool highschool credit

Postby dokudakai6124 » August 12th, 2011 2:50 pm

hiya :D Ive been learning japanese using this website. I have listened too all of absolute beginner so far (its ongoing at this point in time)
and after that, I started (and finished) newbie season 1.
I'm Homeschooled and am trying to figure out what the equivalent of 1 year of Highschool Japanese would be.
I'm guessing from absolute beginner too beginner season 2-3?
any advice or knowledge on this would be helpful.
watashi wa ganbatte da yo. anata mo ganbarimasu. (I'll try my best. you should try hard too (I think))

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » August 13th, 2011 10:37 am

I'll make an assumption that you're from the USA. Obviously I can't speak authoritatively on every school in the US, but based on everything I've heard, even 1st year college courses (let alone high school ones, which seem to be pretty rare in the US unless you live in Hawai'i) generally move very slowly, some not even completing the basic kana syllabaries until well after the first semester. If you're motivated enough and have the time, I'd imagine you could cover 1st year studies in a matter of months.

In regards to JapanesePod101, although it's been awhile since I've been a regular listener, I seem to remember that season 1 of the beginner series introduces a lot of material, especially towards the end. I'll fathom a guess that if you're comfortable with the material there and are also able to read kana, you're probably past what most students learn in their first year. Just a guess, though.

Incidentally: watashi wa ganbatte imasu. minasan mo ganbatte kudasai.

Hai, gambarimasu! 8)
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF
dokudakai6124
New in Town

Postby dokudakai6124 » August 13th, 2011 3:05 pm

ariigatou gozaimasu.

kana + hirigana + beginner season 1?

great! I can already read Hirigana.
thanks for adding a sense of direction too my life.
now I know where I am and where I'm headed.

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”