a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT Exam Question

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

bclancey
New in Town

JLPT Exam Question

Postby bclancey » December 3rd, 2010 12:22 am

I am writing the JLPT5 exam in December and my wife is writing the JLPT4 exam.

Some of the study material and test exams imply that for part of the audio you need to check off both the "correct" and the "incorrect" answers. Is this so? Somehow I though you only needed to mark the answer you thought was correct.

Thepuritans
New in Town

Maybe...

Postby Thepuritans » December 4th, 2010 6:30 am

Kono webusaito wo chanto chekku shite oku to benri da to omoimasu.
Shiken no kotaekata mo mietekuru node zehi mitemite kudasai.

I think it wil help you a lot if you look at this page (maybe you've already done it before though)
You can see how to answer the JLPT exam, so go there!

Get 40% OFF
mutley
Been Around a Bit

Postby mutley » December 4th, 2010 12:50 pm

At least on the old papers the 2nd part of the listening you mark right and wrong answers.
They read out the answer options at the end of each dialogue, so if you just had to mark the correct answer you could tell what everyone else was answering from the pen sounds when the read out each answer. (i.e. when they say the correct answer in theory a lot of people would be marking their answer at the same time)

bclancey
New in Town

Postby bclancey » December 6th, 2010 2:07 pm

Thank you for the kind replies.

We write the JLPT yesterday (Dec 5, 2010) and could see that only the correct response waqs required in the final audio segment.

I momentarily lost focus and did not properly hear one of the the questions, which spilled over into the next question. These were the last two. I had no idea what other people were doing because it was only when I concentrated completely that I felt I was understanding the audio and therefore able to answer the question.

Our test group included a large number of children and young teenagers. They were Japanese kids. I guess their parents were working here and that the kids were studying Japanese on their own to maintain their ability to easily go back to school when they return to Japan. However, those kids provided some clues because they could not contain their giggles when a silly response was suggested. But, I could not hear pencils moving and I certainly was not paying any attention to when people seemed to be responding to the answer suggestions.

We ended up concluding the old tests did require that wrong answers be marked to make cheating harder. It may have actually increased the number of wrong answers because it is too easy to be in the wrong row if you are jumping up and down under the stress of an exam.

mutley
Been Around a Bit

Postby mutley » December 7th, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah they seemed to have changed the format for the new test.
For N1 the format was about 15 questions with answer choices written down in the booklet. There was then a section where you had to listen to dialogues first, you were then given the question and answer options after (not maybe as difficult as it sounds as the questions were mostly on the general meaning).
The next section was a series of single sentences from a conversation and you had to choose what the most appropriate response would be to each one (for that section there were only 3 answers choices for each). There were a couple of other random questions at the end.

There were no questions anymore where you had to mark both correct and incorrect answers.

Overall I thought the first section was pretty easy, but the short sentences were pretty difficult as they went by very quickly leaving you little time to think.

brad12
Been Around a Bit

Postby brad12 » January 25th, 2011 6:30 am

when will be the next JLPT conducted?

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”