a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese Speaking Practice

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jencab1980
New in Town

Japanese Speaking Practice

Postby jencab1980 » May 20th, 2010 6:32 am

I've been fervently studying for the JLPT exams for some months now and this site has helped me a lot. However, I still am poor in the speaking department as there aren't any Japanese speakers around me. Any advise on how I can improve on this. I know speaking isn't part of JLPT but if I plan to get a job as a Japanese translator/interpreter, I really need to be confident in speaking the language. If anyone wants to practice with me through skype, please add subarashijinsei. Thanks a lot.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » May 20th, 2010 10:25 am

Practising with people who are making the mistakes you're trying to avoid and can't answer your questions isn't the best way to get the most out of speaking. Try finding a Japanese person studying English on the Mixxer. Pay attention to the language they use when they correct themselves, try to buy time, change the topic, etc. These sorts of things really help your fluency, and it's hard to get exposure to them anywhere else.

Get 40% OFF
jencab1980
New in Town

Thanks!

Postby jencab1980 » May 20th, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.

smokesalmon1039
New in Town

This really works!!

Postby smokesalmon1039 » May 22nd, 2010 7:11 am

Excellent suggestion for the Mixxer website.
I signed up and sent a few Skype invitations out to a few Japanese people and got replies almost instantly!!
And I must say that Japanese people are very patient and always willing to help.

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”