Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT july 4 2010

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

calix
New in Town

JLPT july 4 2010

Postby calix » January 3rd, 2010 11:18 pm

hi people :)

ok, so i have a big problem i need to take JLPT in july but it can only be taken in japan and other Asian countries and I've been searching for info on how to apply -->http://www.jees.or.jp/cgi-bin/jlpt-faq-e.cgi, so the conclusion was that they don't accept applications sent from abroad, the only way is to have family or friends there that can make the application on my behalf, and i don't know anyone in japan :( and taking the one in December is not an option, any suggestions?

thanks in advance :D

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 4th, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Calix,
Where do you live? The JLPT can be taken all over the world :) Check this list, which has the exact locations:

http://momo.jpf.go.jp/jlpt/overseas/e/list_e.html

For any other information about the JLPT, please check the official site here:

http://www.jlpt.jp/e/index.html
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
calix
New in Town

Postby calix » January 4th, 2010 4:39 pm

hi :D

well i live in Portugal, yes I've already been looking for info in that website but (i don't know if i said this in the previous post) i need to take level 2 and in that website says it can only be taken in japan, i know that the one in December you can take all the levels in any place but the one in July at least for level 1 and 2 it can only be taken in japan, at least that's what it says :?

ggenglish
Been Around a Bit

Postby ggenglish » January 18th, 2010 10:07 pm

bump.

Can someone in the 'know' answer this question because i'm curious as well what the new reform of the JLPT has brought. In the new JLPT N4 serious it was mentioned that now all levels are offered twice a year. However, as calix points out this mid year offering was only done for selected centres up to now.

So, will the availability for this July exam be expanding to other countries as well?

:twisted:

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 18th, 2010 10:16 pm

I heard the reform was being delayed. I was hoping to take level 2 in the summer as well, and then try level 1 in the winter. I'm going to need at least one of them by the end of the year, so it's kind of disappointing if I don't get a chance to go for level 1. I wonder if it's possible to take two levels at a time...

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 19th, 2010 12:25 am

From the new JLPT guidebook on the site:

Q1 How often is the new test going to be administered?
A1 Twice yearly, in July and December. However, certain countries/areas will not be offering the July test. Details will be posted on the Japan Foundation website at http://www.jlpt.jp/e/

So it looks like we have to wait for that information to be announced, as I don't see it on the site yet. :(

Javizy, where have you heard about the changes being delayed? By that do you mean being able to take the test twice a year, or the level changes?
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

ggenglish
Been Around a Bit

Postby ggenglish » January 19th, 2010 9:39 pm

thanks for the replies. I guess we'll just have to wait until the site gets updated. I doubt it'll be a possibility in my area.

:twisted:

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » January 20th, 2010 12:26 pm

I see no evidence of any delay in the new tests.

Where there is some delay (perhaps) is that SOAS, the institution hosting the tests in London, will only be offering it in December. It's such a major production for them that I'm not that surprised. They had a cap on the number of candidates last year as well. I can only hope that they will offer twice yearly tests in the future, I'm sure the demand is there.
Maybe the only way to expand the tests outside of Japan is if enough people contact their local exam centres to ask about July tests.

I doubt you could ever sit two tests back to back. The tests just take too long for one thing (there's a lot of waiting on the next part to start too) and there is also a slight paranoia involving the test papers.
The best you can do is apply (and pay) for two levels then make your decision about which to take on the day.

calix
New in Town

Postby calix » January 20th, 2010 9:50 pm

hmmm.... i'm not the only one a bit confused with this haha

so i guess there's only a small chance that it will expand to other countries this year.... we will just have to wait and see...

thanks everyone :D

calix
New in Town

News

Postby calix » April 11th, 2010 8:13 pm

Hello people i bring some news probably some of you might have already read this but I'll post it anyways :)

ok so test in July will be for levels N1, N2 and N3
and the countries are:
Korea, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Poland and Russia

http://momo.jpf.go.jp/jlpt/overseas/e/list_e.html -----> list of universities

i hope it helped :wink:

thanks

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » April 11th, 2010 8:42 pm

I thought it might be fun to take a trip, but the deadline for registration has already passed (April 9th), so your post was a bit late :P

calix
New in Town

Postby calix » April 11th, 2010 8:57 pm

really? in all the countries :shock: cause the deadline changes depending on the country...
anyway sorry i didn't remember to post this sooner, silly head of mine, really sorry about that :(

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » April 11th, 2010 8:58 pm

I checked a few and they seemed to be the same. Not to worry :wink:

brad12
Been Around a Bit

Postby brad12 » September 24th, 2010 4:35 am

Hi.............right now JLPT fever is going on ........an exam will conduct on december.........you can learn the JLPT 2 3 4 lesson from this website, it will give lot of information about JLPT..........

JLPT

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”