Or sign up using Facebook

Listening Clarification

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

exitmusic3
New in Town

Listening Clarification

Postby exitmusic3 » December 4th, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello everyone,
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I'm trying to get clarification for the second part of the listening comprhension section. It seems that the way of marking answers is presented in a couple of different ways. Here on JPOD, on the last minute prep course lesson, it says that you must mark each choice as either correct or incorrect. After taking some past tests, however, it looks like we are supposed to mark only the one answer out of four that is correct.
Am I missing something? This is my first time sitting for the exam so I want to go in as prepared as possible. Any help would be appreciated. Two more days!
ありがとうございます。

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » December 5th, 2009 11:42 am

The listening test has two parts.
Part one is accompanied by pictures. You only mark the correct answer.
Part two is listening only. You hear a short dialogue, then you hear 4 statements. You have to mark the correct one AND mark the three incorrect ones. There are two rows of 4 checkboxes to allow you to do this. You also only hear it once so you need to concentrate.

I'm not sure why as marking one correct has the exact same effect, except it's harder to change your mind I suppose.

I think it is top row true, bottom row false, although having given away my past exam papers I can't check for you. The explanation and example in the exam booklet is clear however.

Good Luck tomorrow! がんばって!

Get 40% OFF
theblip
New in Town

Postby theblip » December 7th, 2009 12:45 am

If you were asked to mark just the correct answer, it would be easier for you to spot when other people were moving to mark their answers.
With people asked to mark incorrect answers you wouldn't be able to tell whether they were marking the answer correct or incorrect.

Also I think it helps the people taking the exam as you could mark the ones you know are incorrect and if you still don't know the answer you can guess from the ones you haven't marked yet.

For that part of the listening exam, there are no written cues... So having something to mark off on the answer sheet helps.

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”