a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT 2008 - How was your desk?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lazysunday
Been Around a Bit

JLPT 2008 - How was your desk?

Postby lazysunday » December 8th, 2008 8:05 pm

Here is a pic of the NYC desks (barely big enough to hold a steno pad and insanely close together.

I have heard DC is just as bad. How were the desks where you took the test? I may have to buy one of these to practice my balance for next year. I kept dropping my pencils and couldn't get to them them.

せますぎる![/img]

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » December 8th, 2008 9:28 pm

Those looks terribly uncomfortable.

The room that I did mine in was a lecture hall with long tables that spanned across most of the room. We actually had plenty of room because the seat next to each person is left empty to prevent cheating.

The chairs, though, I found were not too great. My back hurt a bit by the time it was all over.
お茶漬け海苔

Get 40% OFF
slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Postby slaughterj » December 12th, 2008 3:20 pm

DC has similar-sized desks, but with much better spacing (i.e., you can get your dropped pencils ;) ).

ceirelav
Been Around a Bit

Postby ceirelav » December 13th, 2008 11:26 pm

I took it in NYC as well. Those desk were seriously tiny and awfully low. I felt like my neck was about to break after 3.5 hours...

oyayubi
New in Town

Postby oyayubi » January 23rd, 2009 4:05 am

Hi, just noticed this thread. If I wasn't fortunate enough to sit at one of the left-handed desks in NYC that day, I would've been really uncomfortable... at least I won't be surprised with that arrangement at the end of this year.
親指 "Thumbs"

skmt999
New in Town

Postby skmt999 » November 19th, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow! I didn't think about preparing for my 'desk' area, as well as the test. I'm left handed, too - never thought about what if I my test location has those right handed old fashioned desks.

I'd visit the test location ahead of time, but I'm arranging a special trip just to get there in the first place.

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”