a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT 4 Pocket Study Guide - update!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

JLPT 4 Pocket Study Guide - update!

Postby slaughterj » September 17th, 2008 5:36 pm

Previously mentioned here: http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3400 , the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 4 Pocket Study Guide is back from the printers, and already being shipped!

Unfortunately our website (www.jlptstudyguide.com) is still in development, but as noted before, payment of $30 (and shipping contact information) can be sent via paypal.com to . And shipping is still free! (Once the site is up, credit card payments will be able to be processed directly.)

But in the meantime, now available is a rough video of the printed guide on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfLgCjycEY

Note, we only made a limited print run, because after next year, the JLPT test is changing (see http://www.jflalc.org/?act=tpt&id=8), so the guide itself likely will need revision, so be sure to buy early else it may be sold out!

pkfoster
New in Town

Postby pkfoster » September 19th, 2008 9:47 am

got this ordered :-)

looking forward to receiving it!

Get 40% OFF
slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Postby slaughterj » September 19th, 2008 12:59 pm

pkfoster wrote:got this ordered :-)

looking forward to receiving it!

Should be soon, all the way to the UK!

pkfoster
New in Town

Postby pkfoster » September 25th, 2008 12:48 pm

Received my copy the other day and I just want to post about my initial thoughts.

As im new to doing the JPLT - as most people will be who are taking level 4 - i have spent a lot of time trying to hunt down info on what to expect, the idea of the test frankly worries me as Ive not done a test for about 20 years :)

The pocket book goes a long way to helping me with this, particularly as it contains information relevant to the test only and has already helped me to zone in on the items I NEED to know rather than worrying about things that may or may not be needed.

It is laid out very well and I particularly like how the Kanji has been detailed with vocabulary early on in the book and then at the end is placed together with vocab in charts detailing a certain aspect such as body parts, colours etc

Overall Im very pleased that I bought the book, and I would recommend it to anyone looking at taking the JLPT4 exam, particularly if its your first time.

slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Postby slaughterj » September 25th, 2008 1:57 pm

pkfoster wrote:Received my copy the other day and I just want to post about my initial thoughts.

As im new to doing the JPLT - as most people will be who are taking level 4 - i have spent a lot of time trying to hunt down info on what to expect, the idea of the test frankly worries me as Ive not done a test for about 20 years :)

The pocket book goes a long way to helping me with this, particularly as it contains information relevant to the test only and has already helped me to zone in on the items I NEED to know rather than worrying about things that may or may not be needed.

It is laid out very well and I particularly like how the Kanji has been detailed with vocabulary early on in the book and then at the end is placed together with vocab in charts detailing a certain aspect such as body parts, colours etc

Overall Im very pleased that I bought the book, and I would recommend it to anyone looking at taking the JLPT4 exam, particularly if its your first time.

Thank you, we appreciate the review!

As we expect there may be need for revisions especially with the change of the test to 5 levels, should you have any suggestions once you have used it some, we would certainly appreciate hearing them so we can incorporate them into that future revision.

japan
New in Town

Postby japan » September 28th, 2008 9:29 am

Is this pocket guide available in PDF format? I would like to buy electronic version.

slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Postby slaughterj » September 29th, 2008 1:13 am

japan wrote:Is this pocket guide available in PDF format? I would like to buy electronic version.

Unfortunately it is currently available only in a print version, but we will look into that as an option.

kedarjapan
New in Town

Can I get the copy in Book Store

Postby kedarjapan » November 2nd, 2009 4:26 am

Hello Friends,

I am planning to give JLPT 4 this December :roll: & This book looks very handy.
As I am in Japan right now, Can I get the copy in any Book Store ?

Thanks,
Kedar

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”