Vocabulary

Learn New Words FAST with this Lessonโ€™s Vocab Review List

Get this lessonโ€™s key vocab, their translations and pronunciations. Sign up for your Free Lifetime Account Now and get 7 Days of Premium Access including this feature.

Safe & Secure. We respect your privacy
Or sign up using Facebook
Already a Member?

22 Comments

Please to leave a comment.
๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜  ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜‡ ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ โค๏ธ๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘

JapanesePod101.com
Friday at 6:30 pm
Pinned Comment
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Kon’nichi wa mina-san We hope you learned a lot of useful words for the kitchen! Which items do you use a lot?

February 24th, 2014 at 9:00 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

arbutus-san kon’nichiwa.
You’re right. Naifu, ใƒŠใ‚คใƒ•, is a generic word for “knife.”
The word ใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใƒŠใƒผใƒŠใ‚คใƒ•, “(literally) dinner knife” is more specific kind of knives and that is the one in the video.
Sorry for the confusion but both are correct.

Motoko
Team JapanesePod101.com

arbutus
February 19th, 2014 at 9:49 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Why is knive in the video is different than in the lesson materials?

March 23rd, 2009 at 3:47 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Jonใ•ใ‚“๏ผž
You can type ใข by typing in “di”. Hope this helps!

March 23rd, 2009 at 2:47 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

speaking of inputing Kana, could anyone tell how to type ใข? It sounds like ใ˜ but when I type ‘ji’ only ใ˜ comes out.

ๆœ‰ใ‚Š้›ฃใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™

Mayumi
March 23rd, 2009 at 11:21 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

We apologize for the mistake of saying ใปใ†ใกใ‚‡ใ† which should have been ใƒŠใ‚คใƒ•.ใ€€We’ll fix it as soon as possible. :dogeza:

Chris
March 22nd, 2009 at 7:23 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Gabrielle san

Thank you for that very helpful suggestion. I am on a mac as well and you suggestion works well.

sephi
March 22nd, 2009 at 6:55 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

love this lesson!!!^^ thank you so much! One thing though, I found this funny, I didn’t know my name (็šฟ) meant “dish”! I guess I really am learning.^^

Gabriele
March 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Chrisใ•ใ‚“ใ€

you can also input small kana by prefixing an ‘x’.
So if you want to write ใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใƒŠใƒผใƒŠใ‚คใƒ• you can type ‘dexina-naifu’.
This works on Mac, I’m not sure if it works on Windows as well.

:mrgreen:

mubarakli
March 21st, 2009 at 10:51 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

how can i use the kanji list please

rob
March 21st, 2009 at 3:41 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

The site was so clutteree with ads and come-ons to upgrade and buy flash cards that I could noever find the video. Might have been interesting. I do not like sites that have no content. If I want to buy potato pealers or flash cards I will search them, but please confine my subscription to Japanese lesson content.