mrsspooky5154 wrote:I have a Mac so I'm looking into whether I can script a bulk update. It won't be too bad to reupload everything to the iPad, it's just getting the fonts actually embedded into the pdf.
I mean.... It makes sense to use the OS's fonts for that. It greatly reduces the size of the file. Plus, for some reason I want to say it may be the default to save files depending on the fonts in the OS.
Yeah, I tried changing the system font to Japanese too and it didn't help me either. :\
This is the first time I've ever had Apple break something on me - guess my luck ran out.
The fonts are on the iPad, if you bring up one of the PDFs and select the thumbnail view you can actually see that it displays the pages correctly. It's just the regular page view that is broken for some reason. Also, printing to PDF this way is not printing the files as images, it uses the real fonts. (On the Mac, I don't know about Windows.)
As far as scripting goes there are a couple of ways to do it but both of them were more effort than I am willing to go through. Since I don't actually need more than one season of lesson notes at a time, I just opened all of them at once in Preview and printed it to a PDF. It makes one big PDF, which is a little inconvenient, but between the thumbnail view and searching it's not hard to find something.