a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What lessons to start with?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Arctikus
New in Town

What lessons to start with?

Postby Arctikus » January 8th, 2009 12:11 am

Hi, I was wondering what lessons to start with as there are survival phrases, newbie and beginner. Should I do all 3 at the same time? Thanks.

soniak
New in Town

Postby soniak » January 8th, 2009 1:52 am

I do as much as my brain can hold at one time until I realize I've reached my limit. Then I know in my case, for example, that beyond Lower Intermediate I shouldn't even bother with right now.
So, do as much as you can. When it gets overwhelming, back off. And note where your limit is.
HTH

Join by May 6th
pensuked
New in Town

Postby pensuked » January 8th, 2009 8:46 pm

I personally think you should focus on one section at a time since the lessons build upon each other in each section(Newbie or Beginner, I'm planning to do beginner after Newbie just so I don't miss any important vocabulary before going to Lower intermediate.)). I don't recommend trying too hard because the knowledge dissappears quickly. At first you can handle a few lessons a day but as Peter-san say, it's better to start Kanji as soon as possible so I learn every single vocab and Kanji in detail and take 1 lesson a day with a review of six lessons once a week.

kinyobi
Been Around a Bit

Postby kinyobi » March 14th, 2009 1:47 am

I missed the part where Peter said to learn Kanji A.S.A.P. as I've only been concentrating on Hiragana and Katakana.

{Bangs head on desk}

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 4th, 2009 8:35 am

http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/the-courses/

Please refer to the above link to see where you need to start with Japanesepod101.com and your previous Japanese study.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”