Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Resource for Teachers/Students returning from Japan.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

litvinov.strikes.back_512832
New in Town

Resource for Teachers/Students returning from Japan.

Postby litvinov.strikes.back_512832 » July 1st, 2016 3:20 pm

Note to Mods: I apologize if you discourage this sort of post. I took a quick look at the forum rules and didn’t see anything about promoting a company.

I taught in Korea for three years and also briefly in the Republic of Georgia for six amazing months. I still remember how intimidating it was returning home with basically zero connections and the (irrational, it turns out) fear that my teaching experience would be seen as worse than unemployment. The job I eventually did find was working for an employment firm that places mostly direct-hire candidates within the Japanese automotive industry and its support companies. Our company is called Creo Consulting and we are based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.

My absolute favorite element of this job is helping people like me who are former teachers seeking their first position after their ESL career. Since I've started we’ve helped at least a dozen former ESL teachers with varying degrees of language skill find positions that leverage their experience in Japan. I know the names of about a half dozen people I have helped who were in the exact same situation as me and are now happily a year into a career path that could take them to retirement if they wanted it to. That's an amazing feeling.

If you’re looking for the East or West Coast we are likely not the service for you. However, if you are open to working in the Midwest we have dozens of openings we are assisting with. A large number are entry level. Some do not require significant Japanese, but prefer a candidate with experience and understanding of Japanese cultural norms and work culture.

You can register at our website ( https://secure.creo-usa.com/php/reg_applicant_w.php?ln=en ) or PM me your resume/e-mail and I’d be happy to apply for you. Our service is free to candidates and you will never be asked for any compensation. I’ve included a brief description of a few of our openings below (not comprehensive) that do not require specific experience:

Interpreter (Central Indiana): Simultaneous interpreter for major automotive manufacturer in Central Indiana. One year position requiring High N2 or N1 level Japanese. This position has a higher than average salary for entry level interpreting and there is significant paid overtime. Health and dental provided, no other benefits because this is not a direct-hire position.
Administrative Assistant (East Cincinnati Metro area): Administrative professional for a company that sells production equipment and custom-made automotive parts. The only job requirement is native-level or close to it language ability. Their salary can scale up if a candidate is experienced.
Admin/Sales support (South Knoxville Metro): Sales support for a Japanese OEM. No specific level of Japanese required, but for candidates with beginner/no Japanese they will need one year of clerical experience. Any Japanese work or language experience is a perk, and can override the need for clerical experience.

Thanks for your time and I hope you have a great day. Of course if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them in this thread.
Join by May 6th

Return to “Moderator Corner”