Or sign up using Facebook

(NEW) Japanese Music recommendations

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

viktory
New in Town

(NEW) Japanese Music recommendations

Postby viktory » October 22nd, 2010 12:16 am

Hello everyone :8
When Japanese music is being discussed or recommended it seems to always be the same 10 J-pop & Rock artist who pop up.
But not everyone is into those.There are so many other great and more original bands out there who are being overlooked.
I have put together two videos in which you will hopefully come across some great Japanese music different from all the boy and girl bands/groups.
(とくにPart 2!)
Hope you like it and please if you know any other great but overlooked japanese bands put them in the comments :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Jx4BpazaU === part 1 singing music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ArrK8X6rQ === part 2 mostly instrumental

mwncrypted
New in Town

Don't know if they're "great"...

Postby mwncrypted » October 26th, 2010 4:01 am

...but a band that really entertains me no end is SEKIMA-II. I saw them the first time on J-Melo (Sunday evenings on NHK World/JibTV internet). They're J-hair-metal-gothish-hard-rock, and completely wacky and over the top. It's not normally the type of music that I listen to, but these guys really amuse me. Their album 'Akuma Nativity "Songs of the Sword" is available on iTunes in the US.

Cheers,
Mike

Join by May 6th
choneb9359
Been Around a Bit

Re: (NEW) Japanese Music recommendations

Postby choneb9359 » October 2nd, 2012 7:33 am

For music, I stumbled upon an oldie but a goodie by Kyu Sakamoto 上を向いて歩こう. Listened to this growing up (and no, I am not that old 23yr-old :wink: )

Another good one I recently found is Trytone (its a 5-member acapella band)

Check it out!

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”