Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japan Study Abroad

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

osekihan
Been Around a Bit

Postby osekihan » March 7th, 2007 3:03 am

Steaks? I'm glad I don't have to worry about that: I'm a vegetarian- fish & dairy only.

Do you know if it's possible to live in somewhere that is more rural without being in an exchange/teaching program? Is it hard to go on your own?

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » March 7th, 2007 6:00 am

osekihan wrote:Steaks? I'm glad I don't have to worry about that: I'm a vegetarian- fish & dairy only.

Do you know if it's possible to live in somewhere that is more rural without being in an exchange/teaching program? Is it hard to go on your own?

define rural.

the only jobs you're going to get here as a native english speaker are going to be business, computer, or teaching related. the business and computers don't happen so much in rural japan. i know someone who is moving near nagoya to work for toyota, but nagoya isn't that rural. if you want rural, you could try WWOOF (Willing Workers on Organic Farms).

And fyi-- being a vegetarian in Japan is really difficult. little pieces of meat are put into otherwise vegetarian-seeming dishes. it won't be as bad if you eat fish, but Japan doesn't do the alternative protein sources that you find in the States.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
dmr214
Established Presence

Postby dmr214 » April 10th, 2007 8:06 am

Wow this is pretty cool stuff. How much longer are you going to be there for?

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”