Or sign up using Facebook

Using the Nintendo DS Lite to study kanji

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Rizu
Established Presence

Postby Rizu » September 6th, 2007 4:09 pm

attwad wrote:Ho ok thanks!
Then it's decided I'm gonna buy one in no time ^^
Do you guys have any reccomended websites to buy import games?

thanks!

http://www.play-asia.com/

I'm sure there are other sites, but Play-Asia seems to have a good selection of Kanji learning games. I bought Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu there. I think I received it about a week after ordering.

attwad
Been Around a Bit

Postby attwad » September 6th, 2007 5:10 pm

Thanks for the link :)

But for french people out there check this one: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/.
It's a shop owned by a French guy in Japan and he's very nice and have good prices :)
If you can't find a game which was released just a few days ago just tell him ad he'll find it for you ! (he did it for a friend of mine, I told you he was a nice guy ^^)

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
seanolan
Expert on Something

Postby seanolan » September 6th, 2007 11:40 pm

If you have a R4 or other "homebrew" card for your DS Lite (NOT endorsed, sanctioned, or approved by Nintendo because they can be used to play ROMs on your DS, which allows illegal copying of games) there is a flashcard application for the DS which you can get info on here. It's a bit primitive, but it's the best flashcard program I've found for the DS.

Sean

MattTheCat
Been Around a Bit

Postby MattTheCat » September 7th, 2007 2:37 am

Actually, I do have a R4, and I've been looking for a decent homebrew japanese learning tool. I was getting ready to code it myself. Thanks, I'll check it out and if it's no good, I'll code my own :P or just swipe the source and tweak it :P

Nah, I'd never do that to Zarxrax studios. I love their AMVs.

seanolan
Expert on Something

Postby seanolan » September 8th, 2007 3:41 am

MattTheCat wrote:Actually, I do have a R4, and I've been looking for a decent homebrew japanese learning tool. I was getting ready to code it myself. Thanks, I'll check it out and if it's no good, I'll code my own :P or just swipe the source and tweak it :P

Nah, I'd never do that to Zarxrax studios. I love their AMVs.

Actually, talk to him...he seems to be looking for some help with the program, and it could use some tweaking. The input system is complicated, and the program has some visual bugs on occasion. If you do code your own or tweak his, keep me in mind as a tester. I'd love to see this program improved. It's usable now, but I'd love to have a really clean version.

Sean

attwad
Been Around a Bit

Postby attwad » September 8th, 2007 2:18 pm

If someone had the courage to create the flashcard for different levels of the JLPT compatible "new JIS" for the homebrew it would be nice to share it :) that's a great tool I think!

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » September 16th, 2007 7:21 am

Hey guys,

I tend to use らくびきじてん and I find it difficult to see where to go to translate from what I have written in hiragana into english. Does this game have this feature?

Thanks a lot

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”