Windows XP
36%

Total votes: 11

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Windows 7 Is Coming Out October 24!^^

Postby Ulver_684 » September 18th, 2009 7:06 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

Anyone here is buying a new computer or will upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7? I plan to buy a new laptop when with Windows 7 comes out. I hope it has Japanese input like all other Windows. I would like to make this thread for help on Japanese input on Windows 7 comes out. Well thank you for your time! 8)

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » September 18th, 2009 9:57 pm

Snow Leopard is awesome. :D

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » September 19th, 2009 2:03 am

watermen wrote:Snow Leopard is awesome. :D

Yes, Snow Leopard is awesome, but having played with the beta, I can say with confidence that Windows 7 is also potentially awesome. Seems like Microsoft is finally getting its act together...

... guess that bit called "Vista" finally woke ʻem up.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » September 19th, 2009 4:07 am

I've been running the 7100 beta build for a while and it is really so much better than Vista. I'm glad to see Microsoft getting back on track. Japanese input was easy to install and get working (and no CD was needed so that's a plus.) I'm definatly going to pick it up in October.
JapanesePod101.com - Forum Admin
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 30th, 2009 8:32 am

Having played with Windows 7 for awhile on my Mac, I can say it is a lot better than Vista. But since I have a Mac, I bought Snow Leopard and will be removing the bootcamp partition as soon as the evaluation copy expires permanently.

Hopefully for those who need Windows won't have to put up with that serial number bull that I had to deal with in Vista. You only have three times in which to enter it, after that you have to call tech support. That is just crap in my opinion, and I never bothered with any Microsoft products after I installed SL. It's nice being Microsoft free!!

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » October 27th, 2009 6:49 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

WIndows 7 is out and it's a sucess already! This is another WOW from Microsoft. :D 8)

Kafeen
New in Town

Postby Kafeen » October 28th, 2009 11:01 am

I was reading that only the Ultimate version of Windows 7 allows you to "Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages. "

That doesn't mean you need the Ultimate version to use IME input does it?

louis89
New in Town

Postby louis89 » October 28th, 2009 11:45 pm

Kafeen wrote:I was reading that only the Ultimate version of Windows 7 allows you to "Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages. "

That doesn't mean you need the Ultimate version to use IME input does it?

I don't know what that means, but I only have Professional and have Japanese IME input, which I didn't even have to install separately.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » October 28th, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd assume the language thing refers to the entire OS. I'm pretty sure you can't change the operating language in the cheaper versions of Vista either. The language bar is a separate thing, and you can get alternative conversion software to Microsoft's IME, which is far from the best, if you have to.

As for upgrading, I doubt I'll do it for at least 6 months. I can just imagine the bugs, compatibility issues, and security holes...

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”