a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Gengo iphone apps

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Gengo iphone apps

Postby slaughterj » June 29th, 2009 4:34 pm

Are the Gengo iphone apps made by JapanesePod101 or someone else?

Duality
New in Town

Postby Duality » July 8th, 2009 12:08 pm

I believe so... They are advertised on this site and you can even get a 50% discount off any subscription if you buy the Gengo Talking Japanese Dictionary.

Given all of that, it'd be a huge coincidence if they didn't make them! Perhaps a moderator can clarify though.

I'm wondering if anyone has used them though and can tell me if they're any good. Also, I'm wondering how on earth you can actually get the 50% subscription coupon through the iTunes music store, since I don't believe there's any mechanism available for that sort of thing.

Edit: I just checked and the iPhone apps are made by 'Innovative Language Learning', who appears to be the parent company that runs all of the '[Language]Pod101' sites, etc. http://www.innovativelanguage.com/produ ... Dictionary

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
slaughterj
Been Around a Bit

Postby slaughterj » July 8th, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks, it makes sense, but just didn't seem spelled out.

Balsa1
New in Town

Postby Balsa1 » August 19th, 2009 3:35 pm

Well, I purchased the Gengo Dictionary...

great but I found out that the audio feature is only available for the iPhone not for the iPod Touch, darn :(

Brett
New in Town

Postby Brett » August 29th, 2009 7:12 pm

Is there still a 50% off subscription with purchase? I assume you get this opportunity after you purchase the app on the istore?

I was also wondering if the recording portion might work after the September 9th Apple announcement where they will be introducing a new iTouch with microphone.

ブレット

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”