a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Human Japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dawningmoment
New in Town

Human Japanese

Postby dawningmoment » April 14th, 2009 6:41 am

Hi all. I am new to the site and have just begun learning Japanese. I have been trying out different methods like Pimsleur's Japanese audio, Japanese for Dummies, Rosetta Stone. I am now trying a program called Human Japanese. I must say this is the best so far. It teaches you the same you way you would learn in school. Sounds, reading, and writing. It first teaches you the basic sounds of vowels and then consonants. By focusing on grammar and teaching you to actually write in Hiragana and later on Katakana, you also learn to speak. I think this is a very natural way to learn and feel very comfortable doing it this way. It also teaches you small things along the way like how the Japanese language evolved from the Chinese. I thought it was very interesting. So if you have the chance to check this out please do. So far I like it a lot and I thought should share :). Good luck all!

ryowarrior18
Been Around a Bit

Postby ryowarrior18 » April 19th, 2009 2:45 am

I also tried out this app on itunes and I agree it's very good. They also do a lot of cultural tidbits during breaks while learning. I also like that it has a lot of audio clips attached to all it's sample sentences and this helps with pronunciation. Best of all you can try it out for free on iTunes. Just type in human Japanese lite!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
seifip
Been Around a Bit

Postby seifip » May 10th, 2009 7:53 pm

I have finished HJ and I really liked it as well... It isn't very advanced but it's really fun to read, throws a different view on many gramatical ideas and I love all the cultural info :)

Drabant
Been Around a Bit

Re: Human Japanese

Postby Drabant » May 10th, 2009 8:42 pm

dawningmoment wrote:It also teaches you small things along the way like how the Japanese language evolved from the Chinese.

You mean "Influenced by Chinese", right?

jaypunkrawk
Established Presence

Postby jaypunkrawk » July 15th, 2009 4:53 pm

I went through the light version, and although I already knew everything it taught, I found it very well done. I'd love to see one done with more advanced material.
ジョシュ

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”