a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

We want japanese in Spanish!!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

sodapple
Established Presence

We want japanese in Spanish!!

Postby sodapple » March 13th, 2008 11:51 pm

:shock: Why still there isn't Japanese in Spanish? Do you know how many people speaks Spanish and they don't know english but they want to learn Japanese... :roll: but please don't look at spain only, for over here there is America, all countries and we already have internet and computers and we leave the stone to write of course... also who we know english lose a lot in translate from japanese to english and after to spanish. for example if we are looking for in a dictitionary for "light" in the sense of a "a ray of light" we found too "it’s lighter than the other one" I hope you can understand me and don't say me like other websites: " :evil: get out!! and look for spanish sites!! losers!!"

mata ne!!

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » March 14th, 2008 12:21 am

"Minna No Nihongo" is a great textbook series and they have a Spanish version, and "Japonés en viñetas" was originally written in Spanish before is was translated into various other languages.

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » March 14th, 2008 2:52 am

The company that runs this website runs a host of other language websites all aimed at English speakers. So while it may be realistic that they will expand to teaching other languages, it doesn't look as though they're interested in changing the base teaching language (English). Also, while Spanish is well spoken throughout the world, between 2-3 times as many people speak Mandarin ;)

Apart from the lower two levels, the majority of lessons on this website are mostly in Japanese, and with a good grammar reference and dictionary in your own language (which you should own already) you can still learn a lot even if the English gives you difficulty.

I'd be disappointed if a website like this wasn't in my first language, but hey, it's more motivation to improve both your English and Japanese, right?

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » March 14th, 2008 8:38 pm

I agree with Javizy about that last bit, it improves both languages. I learned Korean from a textbook for Japanese speakers. The way I see it the more languages that you at least have some tendencies to the better.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » March 14th, 2008 11:49 pm

While we'd love to be able to teach every language in every other language, the reality is that our resources are limited. It takes a LOT of time, effort, and money to put together and run a site like the ones we do. It would be wonderful if we didn't have to worry about money, but we have to be able to financially support ourselves, too. That means sites in less demand have to take a backseat to those with higher demand. Not to mention it would require people very knowledgeable in Japanese, Spanish, and English (so they can talk to all the rest of us that don't speak Spanish and/or Japanese).Does that means there'll never be a Spanish version of JapanesePod101? No. In fact, we've already branched into aiming at non-English audiences with EnglishPod101 for Japanese people. And there's interest in doing other sites like this. What it means is that we have to take care of ourselves too, or else we couldn't bring you awesome content. Unfortunately, this means we have to be choosy about what kinds of sites we create and which ones get priority.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » March 15th, 2008 5:25 am

jason summed it up perfectly. it's not that we don't want to do it, it's that right now we're so busy just doing things this way.

get out!! and look for spanish sites!! losers!!"

no one here will ever say that to you! please enjoy our site with everyone else!! :D
楽しく勉強しましょうか!
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » March 19th, 2008 10:12 pm

Everyone is correct with the time and money issue. You never have enough of either. Choices have to be made and they may not always satisfy everyone.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: We want japanese in Spanish!!

Postby Ulver_684 » May 7th, 2009 5:43 pm

sodapple wrote::shock: Why still there isn't Japanese in Spanish? Do you know how many people speaks Spanish and they don't know english but they want to learn Japanese... :roll: but please don't look at spain only, for over here there is America, all countries and we already have internet and computers and we leave the stone to write of course... also who we know english lose a lot in translate from japanese to english and after to spanish. for example if we are looking for in a dictitionary for "light" in the sense of a "a ray of light" we found too "it’s lighter than the other one" I hope you can understand me and don't say me like other websites: " :evil: get out!! and look for spanish sites!! losers!!"

mata ne!!

Sodapple-san! :wink:

I agree JP101 should be like Englishpod101 you can view the page in Japanese or English and here switch to English and Spanish would be awasome! :cool:

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”