a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hiroshima Memorial

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Hiroshima Memorial

Postby Fedgrub » November 22nd, 2007 12:31 am

I really want to check this out, however I thought maybe asking someone if they mind going there with you may upset them. Is it more of a tourist spot (I assume there would always be tourists there anyway) or do the Japanese people go there to remember or pay their respects? I'd love to go check it out, but I dont want to offend my friend by asking if we can go there.

Its hard when they are such polite people and you don't want to upset them!

hairlet
Been Around a Bit

Postby hairlet » November 23rd, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Fedgrub

The peace park and museum are really nice places to visit. Although some of the artifacts and displays in the museum might be fairly graphic, they are not designed to cause distress to anyone. In fact, with the school children running about, you realise that it is designed to be educational more than anything else.

It is certainly a moving experience, but unless someone is very very sensitive, I don't think anyone would be upset if you invited them to go with you.

Get 40% OFF
Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » November 24th, 2007 3:42 am

Cool, thanks Hairlet!

foxyshez
Been Around a Bit

Re: Hiroshima Memorial

Postby foxyshez » January 30th, 2008 9:21 am

Fedgrub wrote:I really want to check this out, however I thought maybe asking someone if they mind going there with you may upset them. Is it more of a tourist spot (I assume there would always be tourists there anyway) or do the Japanese people go there to remember or pay their respects? I'd love to go check it out, but I dont want to offend my friend by asking if we can go there.

Its hard when they are such polite people and you don't want to upset them!

theres a lot of people there. Some people Japanese people are just passing through and take a look. Loads pray there.
Hiroshima is a really nice city. If you're worried about asking suggest going to Hiroshima rather than specifying going to the peace park etc. Theres other stuff to see there too. Shrines on the beach, good bars, trams to ride! etc..I'm sure your friend will expect to visit the peace park and the dome etc as part of the trip.

Return to “General Japanese Culture”