a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Water in bottles on streets

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

bob1777
Been Around a Bit

Water in bottles on streets

Postby bob1777 » May 8th, 2006 3:36 am

Seeing Jason's post about watering streets (I have no anwer to that by the way), i recalled another thing about water.

I have noticed that it's common to see pet bottles with water (?! I think) left on the sidewalk of streets. Most likely to be seen in suburbian areas. Usually there is more than 1 bottle, sometimes quite a few (~5-6). Mostof the time there are boundled together with a rope around street electric poles.
First, I thought it's a conincidence, but now that I pay attention to it I see it very often.

What is it for :?:

saru110
New in Town

water bottles answer!!

Postby saru110 » May 10th, 2006 1:31 pm

hi there
im living in Hiroshima at the moment and i have water bottles outside my house!! they are supposed to stop cats from doing their business!! on your land. thats why you always see them around the base of trees or around planters..
hope this helps

Get 40% OFF
Bucko
Expert on Something

Postby Bucko » May 21st, 2006 1:57 am

They do this in Australia too. It's to stop cats and dogs marking their territory. No idea if it actually works though.

TheNationalPool
Been Around a Bit

Postby TheNationalPool » November 7th, 2006 3:02 am

Is there something about water that the animals don't like? I'm not sure I'm getting this...
www.thenationalpool.com

www.ModernMusicBusiness.com
"A podcast for the new era of the Music Business"

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » January 4th, 2007 2:49 am

I think they want you to pour the water over where the dog has just "been" to wash away the smell.

Return to “General Japanese Culture”