a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Lyric translation request: この世界に生まれて ---

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tarokun
Been Around a Bit

Lyric translation request: この世界に生まれて ---

Postby tarokun » October 15th, 2006 7:49 pm

[If this is an inappropriate request, please excuse me for my ignorance and feel free to delete this thread.]

I came across this song by 上戸彩 recently, and I love the melody so much. The title of the song seems very interesting too. So, I was hoping I can understand the lyrics a bit better too. So, I went to the internet and found the following. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to translate 1/10th of that.

So, if I may make a humble request: Could someone who doesn't mind give me a rough translation of what she is singing in this song?

Much appreciated....

この世界に生まれて
上戸彩

桜並木道行く人の群れ
それぞれが新しい心になり
真っ白い雪の跡も消えてく
サヨナラと告げ去り
溶けてく冬

新たな道を行く時は
ためらう事ばかり
決めた答えに迷う事もあった
けれど自分を信じたい…

この世界に生まれてきた意味を
探して人は生き続ける
色んな壁が立ちはだかって
つまずく事もあるでしょう
全て受け入れる力あれば
明日(あした)を生きる力になる
諦めないと指切りをして
君と約束した日 ?

初めから完璧な人なんて
きっとどこ探してもいないからね
この世に生まれてきて誰もが
すぐ歩けないのと同じように

辛い時も嬉しい時も
たくさんあるけれど
桜の香り 心包む季節
これから行くよ 未来まで…

この世界に生まれてきた事を
幸せと感じられるように
いくつもの道乗り越えたとき
きっと気付けるでしょう
自分信じる力があれば
明日を切り開いてゆける
君とまた笑って逢えるように ?
春の日差し受けて

この世界に生まれてきた意味を
探して人は生き続ける
色んな璧が立ちはだかって
つまずく事もあるでしょう

全て受け入れる力あれば
明日(あした)を生きる力になる
諦めないと指切りをして
君と約束した日
かなりの偏食なのでいろいろありすぎ。

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Lyric translation request: この世界に生まれて -

Postby Bueller_007 » October 16th, 2006 3:16 am

The grammar is not particularly difficult. You should be able to get the gist of it by using a dictionary. (Rikai-chan?)

I personally don't really feel like translating all of this. If you have a more specific question, feel free to ask. Otherwise, perhaps someone else will help you out a little more.

Get 40% OFF
Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » October 17th, 2006 10:15 am

I agree. And it would benefit you more if you tried to do it yourself. How about this? Have a go at translating. Then post your translation and/or specific questions you have about it. It's not going to do you any good for someone to just plop a translation down in front of you.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » October 17th, 2006 10:56 am

One thing I just noticed that I'll mention now that this topic has popped up again, you won't find that "〜く" form in your dictionary. I'm talking about the one in this line (and a couple of others):
真っ白い雪の跡も消えてく

If you're not familiar with it, that last "ku" is just a shortened form of "iku". So that line means: "even the last traces of pure white snow will disappear".

The only other thing I could see that would give you trouble is use of the -masu stem instead of the -te form as a connective.

The rest should be relatively easy if you have a dictionary and some free time. Good luck.

tarokun
Been Around a Bit

Postby tarokun » October 17th, 2006 4:37 pm

解りました、頑張ってく!   :)
かなりの偏食なのでいろいろありすぎ。

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”