a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Confused and Perhaps Unmotivated

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mharris5436532
New in Town

Confused and Perhaps Unmotivated

Postby mharris5436532 » July 26th, 2013 6:48 pm

This will be a long story. I had an account at Language-Exchanges and when I tried to communicate with the Japanese language partners there and mentioned video games, it all went downhill from there, and was blocked and deleted one by one, and I eventually deleted my Language-Exchanges account and even shut down my Skype account and stopped talking to people both online and real life almost completely, and while this may not sound logical, every time I play a Japanese game, I'm reminded of what happened over the past several months, and even ask myself "Were these soul-filled experiences really created by Japanese people, or am I hallucinating?" I even play Western games to avoid the extreme emotional pain triggered when I play Japanese-made games; to top this I suffer from autism, anxiety and severe clinical depression, so I know that does play a role too. Mainly, I feel incredibly unmotivated to study Japanese, because I keep thinking that everyone will be like the people whom blocked and deleted me, but I don't want to give it up completely. I apologize for any offense caused, and for treating this like a counseling session, I am just very confused, and do not even know how I feel right now. Thank you very much for reading.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Re: Confused and Perhaps Unmotivated

Postby team.relationships » August 1st, 2013 7:51 am

Hi Mharris,

Thank you for your interesting comment! :wink:
I hope you feel better than the time when you wrote your message to us.
Our staff and our listeners will help you if he has any questions about Japanese language or people.
So feel free to leave a message on our lesson pages if you have any question.
I dont think it is to dangerous to learn Japanese! :wink:

Have a nice day!

Gergő
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
mharris5436532
New in Town

Postby mharris5436532 » August 5th, 2013 3:39 pm

Thank you, I feel just a tad better since I'm on vacation taking time out from everything that has been happening. I will let you know of any inquiries I have. Thank you for responding.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » August 18th, 2013 6:15 am

Mharris, you are welcome! :)

Ofelia
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”