a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

A Day in the LIfe - Tokyo Joe

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

gambit_2001nz
New in Town

A Day in the LIfe - Tokyo Joe

Postby gambit_2001nz » August 28th, 2006 3:29 am

Jsut a quick Short story of mine about life in Tokyo. Let me know what you think:

Not a collision, more a brush. Instinctively back-pedaling, I dropped my time-card.
Uttering neither Japanese nor English, I said it all.
Of her sweet-scented lines I picked up and hung up at, ‘Shinpai nai’
Gotta work on that.
Descending, for every month here 5/4/3/2……….I wiped my eyes, walked out catching a distorted reflection. Is it true that if new born babies don’t get hugged that they die?
Wrapped in humidity, breathing in tomorrow’s new regime an old comfort.
I were a city kid before.
Now I have an addiction to neon and obsession with ‘groundbreakers’- sky scraper siblings who’d rather hide than boast to no one. They let you ghost across the city without coming up for air.
Off the train (on time, you knew that), the housewife sweeping the road cleans one particular spot with vigour. Ah, home neat home. The bag containing my 2 new Japanese study books looks like it will leave a red mark on my hand.
Kicking off my shoes, the books go down in a heap with the unread others. Rushing to put on the air conditioning, the DVD player fires up and a hail of remotes pierce the floor. A slither snakes its way from neck to the small of my back.
The empty fridge takes the chance to goad me into drowning my opportunities-things really are more hi-tech here I groan.
Behind the singing traffic lights is a bar I’ve been wanting/planning/meaning/thinking about going to. Carefully dipping my dignity.....More

[/url]
Get 40% OFF

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”