Or sign up using Facebook

London Event

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Belton
Expert on Something

London Event

Postby Belton » August 15th, 2006 10:31 pm

For anyone in London.

On the 2nd September The Frank Chickens are performing in cabaret at the Theatre Museum Covent Garden.

It should be a good evening. The Chickens can be quite funny and there will a karaoke competition for the audience in between such songs as We Are Ninja (Not Geisha), Fujiyama Mama and Mothra. (the songs have a lot of comment on Japanese women ex-pats and some are in Japanese)

(I've been roped in to run the video projection and lighting as my teacher is part of the group. :shock: )

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » August 16th, 2006 5:53 pm

That looks fun. However that weekend is a major event in the Amateur Radio calendar & I've already volunteered to help our club out with that. So I probably can't make it, although I'll know for sure next wednesday (23th).

Alan

Edit: Ah, is that the same Chikako Nakagawa who teaches Japanese at City Lit? I took the July evening classes this year, since my regular classes at Farnborough finished in June. (expletive) I really want to go now. 11:30 finish is a bit late for me though. And I still probably can't escape my prior committment.

Edit2: Misread the promotional blurb. 11pm finish. Last train to farnborough is 00:05.

Get 40% OFF
Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » August 16th, 2006 6:29 pm

Yes it's Chika-san!!

Small world isn't it? What level did you do? I did level 1 at City Lit then switched to Chika-san's private course at UCL.

I went to Kazuko-san's "Evidence for the Existence of Borrowers" a couple of years ago. She has a very wry sense of humour.

11.30 is a bit late if you have to get out of Central London

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » August 16th, 2006 6:46 pm

'tis a small world indeed :)

I did Level 1 at Farnborough Tech last year, which finished at the start of June. Since Level 2 doesn't start until mid-September, I looked around for other options & saw 4 evenings in July at City Lit advertised as a 'Level 1 Revision' course. Ideal I thought & signed up. In practice it was more a continuation of Chika-san's existing course, but that wasn't really a problem. I think I knew more vocab and grammar, but had very little speaking practice, so the lessons were really good for me. I think Chika-sans students were a bit more fluent in hiragana then me, but my katakana was better.

However I have signed up for the Farnborough classes in the autumn, because it's difficult for me to get to the London ones on time (and it's a late night by the time I get back so I'm knackered the next day). It would also cost a lot in train fares. However if enough people don't sign up for the Farnborough classes, then it's London bound again!

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”