It Depends .....Please Explain
17%

Total votes: 6

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

I Was Diagnose With Esquizofrenia Paranoid, Two Years Ago!^^

Postby Ulver_684 » May 8th, 2010 10:52 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

It's right just has you read it, I was diagnose with this condition by a doctor hospital in NYC, two years ago. Since that time I been having medication (abilify) to cure my treatment. I really want to go to Japan to Study Abroad 2012 but I'm not sure if I would be discriminated or people will avoid me. In my college they don't know about it and they see me like anyone else but I'm afraid I would be sent to disability if I tell them and I don't want that because I'm just like everyone else except that I been hospitalized one time on 2008. Right now everything is fine with me but my family is very worried that I won't be able to travel or if that disease comes when I'm in Japan what's gonna happen to me? I would like to know if they will even accept me there? Will they allow my medications, etc. If anyone has more information about this I would be very grateful. Anyone with this condition or has been to Japan and seen people like me, please let me know your thoughts. Well thank you for your time and hope everyone is fine and wish you the best in life. :akushu:

taikutsu
Been Around a Bit

Postby taikutsu » May 17th, 2010 5:16 am

Abilify was actually developed by a Japanese company, Otsuka Seiyaku, and is used in Japan for treatment of schizophrenia, so I doubt that you'll have problems with your medications. I would recommend contacting the Japanese consulate or embassy in your country regarding specifics though.

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 26th, 2010 4:29 pm

Mina-san/Taikutsu-san! :wink:

Thank you very much for your response! I will contact Japan embassy in NYC for more information. I have another question my doctor tell me that he can only give me a 1 month refill only and that I had to close my case here in NYC and opened a new one in Japan so does anyone know if that's true or not? I plan to stay one semester studying abroad Japan. He also tell me that my medication is very expensive and I getting the government help so I'm may lose that too when I close the case. Does anyone one knows how much Abilify costs in Japan? Maybe I may end up only visiting Japan instead of studying abroad it all depends on what the embassy tell me and the answers you guys provide here at JP101. Well thank you for your time and see ya! :ojigi:

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 20th, 2010 12:06 pm

For those who can't speak Spanish, this is called schizophrenia in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

If your medicine is keeping this condition in check, why should you tell anyone? Only your doctor and family should know.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » September 2nd, 2010 6:09 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

Thank you again for your answers! I found out how much Abilify costs and here are the prices for those who are interested:

*Abilify 3mg tablet : 98.30 yen/ tab
*Abilify 6mg tablet: 186.00yen/ tab
*Abilify 12mg tablet: 351.90 yen/ tab
*Abilify 1% powder: 198.30 yen/ g

I don't know it would be the same price when you get this without Japanese insurance
Anyway these prices are shown for the people who use Japanese public insurance. :D

Now I have read some JP101 forum topics and Facebook about study abroad and I think I'm going to wait until I get my degree in Computer Science and learn Japanese fluent that way I going to be accepted and not discriminated if I plan to live in Japan in the future. It's going to take me a while but it would be for sure. Thanks again Jenny-san! :D

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

About My Surgery I Had On October 29 2010!^^

Postby Ulver_684 » October 30th, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi mina-san! :wink:

I have a question I had surgery by laser to remove my stones from my bladder yesterday so I want to know if they going to let me in to Japan on 2012 with a surgery on my stomach? The surgery was a success! They made 4 holes to remove the stones and bladder I guess not sure about this things, if there is someone more expert on these let me know. Here is a picture of one of the holes they made on my stomach and I want to thank all the people that sent me their best wishes you guys know who you are so thank you again god bless you all. Well that's all for now thanks for your time! :D

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/U ... erHole.jpg

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”