a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Translation help wanted

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

G San
Been Around a Bit

Translation help wanted

Postby G San » September 13th, 2009 3:50 pm

Hello all. I hope this isn't too much to ask.

I am writing a feature about the anime movie Hashire! Shiroi Okami and the original opening has three screens of text which are important to the background of the movie.

I'll admit, I have no reading ability what so ever so I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with this. I would be extremely grateful for any assistance in translating it. I'm not asking for a full translation, just a vague idea is more than enough.

page1

page2

page3

I realise it's a lot but I'm completely lost! I really would grateful for any help with this. Thanks for looking.

Psy
Expert on Something

Re: Translation help wanted

Postby Psy » September 13th, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi there. I'm pretty sure you meant to include j2.jpg and j3.jpg instead of repeating the first image three times:

page2

page3

I don't really believe in giving anyone a free lunch when it comes to their learning of Japanese, so rather than spell everything out for you, I went ahead and transcribed the text from the images so you'll be able to make use of the wealth of resources (dictionary sites, plugins like rikaichan, etc.) to take your best stab at it. If you get stuck (assuming you don't know much Japanese at the moment, you almost certainly will with this text), you're only a post away from help.

To give a short outline, though, you're dealing with wolves and their limited numbers, their personality traits and the particular wolf this story is about.

Good luck!

アメリカ合衆国の野生のオオカミは、都市開発や, ハンターに追いたてられて, もうまもなく絶滅するだろう、といわれています 今ではわずかにアメリカ北部のニコレット国立森林など小さな地域に、細々と生き残っているということです ほかの野生動物の保護には熱心な人も、「オオカミ」と聞くとわけもなく、嫌います

それは、オオカミが、イヌのようにしっぽをふったり、あまえたりせず、自分たちの生活を守るために、ときには人や家畜を襲ったりしたからです しかし、それはオオカミが、威厳、気品にみち、家族を大事にするといった性格をもっていたからなのです

この物語は、アメリカの大都会のひとつ、ミルウォーキー市から、五十キロほど西へはなれたところにある、ケトル・モレーンという森林の中に住む、イヌの調教師に飼われていたオオカミの話です
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF
G San
Been Around a Bit

Postby G San » September 14th, 2009 4:46 pm

Thank you so much for your help, I'm embarrassed I posted the same image three times - I spent so long proof reading yet I didn't spot the most important error!

I really appreciate the time you've spent to help me out and I agree; help somebody to help them self. Having the text transcribed is exactly what I needed.

Thanks again for your help, although you'll probably be hearing from me again!

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”