a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

The Pen is Mightier...

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

RebelDogg
Been Around a Bit

The Pen is Mightier...

Postby RebelDogg » August 11th, 2009 10:37 pm

Okay, this is barely Japanese related but seeing as I no longer post on any other boards, here goes:

I just recently went to get a refill for my ink pen. I've never really bought a refill before because I never really use pens anymore. I don't really draw anymore and if I need to write something I'll type it. I do use a pen all day long at work, but I use a cheap company pen because the customers like to steal them (forget to give them back...)

Anyway, I was looking at some pens at office depot and they have a display case with pens from $20 all the way up over $50! I paid $8 for mine at Wallgreens (don't think these are all over, just in the American southeast I think.) I only paid that much because it has a soft little gel grippy thingie that's all good feeling. And I spend a lot of time writing Kanji so I need it (see, Japanese related! :lol: )

But why in the world would anyone pay $30-50 US for a dadgoned pen? The thing is... I was thinking about it. But is it worth it? What's so special about it? For $50 the thing better automatically convert ひりがな to 漢字.

Has anyone ever bought one of these fancy pens? Are they more or less comfortable to write with than my $8 uni-ball with the squishy grip? Especially for when I spend an hour or so practicing kanji. Cheap pens cramp me up.

Just something I was thinking about... that and kung fu squirrels.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”