a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New Federal Grant available for Lang majors

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Outkast
Expert on Something

New Federal Grant available for Lang majors

Postby Outkast » July 8th, 2006 10:00 pm

There is a new Federal Grant available that's good for up to $4000 a year for many majors including languages. Check out the link and scroll to the bottom. The top of the page describes a new academic grant for high achievers graduating high school after Jan 2005, one which you may also be eligible for. (Note that the top grant is NOT the same as the bottom one...)

The link: http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/NewPrograms.jsp

Unfortunately, my state (North Carolina) doesn't offer Japanese as a major anywhere, but I figured you guys may have found this useful.

Outkast
Expert on Something

Postby Outkast » July 8th, 2006 10:00 pm

This is for the US, by the way...

Get 40% OFF
TokyoMaven
New in Town

Postby TokyoMaven » July 11th, 2006 5:42 am

Interesting! Thanks for the tip! No deadline is shown, though. Have to call the FinAid office soon because I'll be leaving for Tokyo to study abroad in a couple months.

Outkast
Expert on Something

Postby Outkast » July 12th, 2006 1:16 pm

It's brand-new, so an exact deadline probably won't apply to students this semester. In the future, I imagine that it will work in the same way that PELL Grants do, automatically as a result of the FAFSA form being filled out, with only the difference of you additionally letting your school's financial aid dept. know about it (like you are).

I just wish I could figure out a way to make use of it, but my school only does Japanese as a minor...

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”