Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iPhone in Japan? Is it ever coming?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » June 16th, 2008 3:21 am

where did you lose coverage with your 3G phone?

with my current au phone i only lost coverage once that i know of. it was on the shinkasen in aomori. passing thru the mountains the bars dropped but not for very long.

but before i had a 3G phone i lost coverage alot with my old vodafone phone.

i don't know much about these networks tho. i've noticed other people with the same company as me, but different phones had different experiences in the same areas. it's kind of baffling to me, really.

but i'm definitely set on the iPhone simply cuz it's cool.
no vanity cam, no video, no keitai strap, it'll probably be hard to play tetris on it, no copy & paste, no video recording, but... it's just so cool, lol.

(and i'm not a mac fan, btw. but i love iPod, so.....)

btw - does anyone know if it will have E文字?
i use a lot of animated E文字 in my mails with japanese friends, so it would be sad if that functionality wasn't present. :lol:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » June 16th, 2008 6:38 am

my point exactly Mark - au simply works and I have taken it to some pretty remote places. 3G out of Tokyo was a nightmare - OK it was Vodafone 3G (which is essentially the same as Softbank though I hear things have improved) and that is not the best.

Currently I am using a 3G blackberry and I have set it with a preference for Vodafone/Softbank over NTT but 19 times out of 20 it show NTT when I look at it.

My conclusion would be that if you buy an iPhone you are just buying an expensive iPod touch.

I suppose the one redeeming feature is that it will probably be the only fully mulitlingual phone on the Market.

Get 40% OFF
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » June 16th, 2008 6:42 am

interesting about your blackberry.
and i guess i'm not surprised that NTT has the best coverage. 8)

also, another reason i want one is to start learning how jpod101 material works on it.
when people talk about using our material with their iPhones and iTouch, i'm at a complete loss to help them troubleshoot out of my own ignorance. :? :orz:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » June 16th, 2008 7:59 am

markystar wrote:basically, i just wanna watch youtube videos on it... and be seen with it.
god, i'm so shallow. :lol:

No, you're just turning Japanese....I really think so!!

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”