a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Finding Japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Renais
New in Town

Finding Japanese

Postby Renais » January 27th, 2008 12:32 am

When I was young I joined karate because I was picked on at school. I met a few people who were Japanese and I became best friends with them. Well after that everything else fell into. My friends introduced me to Manga, Anime, sushi, and Japanese culture. Just like many people have already said, I play FFXI (FInal Fantasy 11) and there are always the japanese players. However, the game isnt the main reason. I've always wanted to speak with my friends in Japanese.

Plus another language looks good for colleges. :D

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » January 27th, 2008 2:41 am

Allow me then to be the first of the community to extend you my warmest welcome! I truly hope you enjoy your time learning alongside the J-pod community, and will be able to broaden your knowledge of this fascinating language and culture-- Should you ever get stuck, this is the place to be! :D

Welcome aboard and ganbatte!
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 30th, 2008 10:04 pm

Good luck! The best piece of advice I can give to a beginner is to be realistic. It's not necessarily more complicated, but it is very different to English and European languages, so you really have to just stick with it to get results. When you do it's very rewarding though, so make an effort to appreciate what you can understand, rather than what you can't, and you'll be very happy you decided to take it up!

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » February 1st, 2008 6:34 pm

do you know that Yuuki-sensei is a black belt in Kenpo?

You'll fit in just fine here. And we have more martial arts-based lessons coming down the pipe.

どうぞよろしくお願いします!
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » February 1st, 2008 6:46 pm

markystar wrote:do you know that Yuuki-sensei is a black belt in Kenpo?

You're forgetting about me again, aren't you?!! :ninja: :karate:

:mrgreen:
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”