Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Funny moments in Podcasts

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » September 21st, 2007 10:42 pm

I've been listening to the survival phrases again, and have to say #37 and #38 are are great. Yoshiさん knocks politely, and Takeseさん beats the door down.

rachel_
New in Town

Postby rachel_ » March 1st, 2009 2:30 pm

I already listened to JCC graduation, it was fun lesson f.ex when sakura said some guys finish school with no button, and Peter said 'cool guys go home naked' ;p
I'm addicted to listening jpod, though i wanted to learn Spanish;p

Get 40% OFF
Atolm_Dragon
New in Town

Postby Atolm_Dragon » March 13th, 2009 4:40 pm

The 'All Grown Up' beginner lesson where Yoshi bursts into song. SO FUNNY.

Also one beginner lesson where Peter says 'Natsuko, where did all the particles go?!' and Natsuko replies 'Over the rainbow!'.

Last one - It was either lesson #100/101 when Peter was gushing about how the listeners had kept JPod going and he said to Yoshi 'what do we say to the listeners?' and Yoshi says 'Merci beaucoup!' Aw poor Peter :P

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » July 17th, 2009 2:39 am

My favorite funny lesson is Pharmacy II with Yoshi , Peter, and Takase trying out all the energy drinks. At one point they all burst out laughing, and Takase says to Yoshi "Yoshi, I'm worried about you" . She has some other good lines like "are you going to ask me the same question for each of them?" to Peter when he asks her what she thinks of the drinks.
His reaction to her answer is pretty funny.

When I need a good laugh, I put this lesson on.
お茶漬け海苔

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 17th, 2009 6:53 am

Whatever happened to those two?

sashimidimsum7250
Expert on Something

Postby sashimidimsum7250 » July 17th, 2009 11:21 am

I wonder.

Takase was by far my favorite host.
お茶漬け海苔

RebelDogg
Been Around a Bit

Postby RebelDogg » August 15th, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, I've only just finished the newbie section, but I have two favorite moments off the top of my head.

First is the end of Nihongo Dojo. Fabritzio takes a bus... the hard way. Being a fan of Japanese trash cinema (東京全国警察は大好きです!) this had a special spot in my heart. *splatter*

Also, when Naomi先生 referred to Fabritzio as "つらいと” (sp?) (straight) when he offered to let the pop star stay at 冬果's. I think this was funnier because I don't believe she understood the double entendre here. There have been others, but these two stick out.

Here's looking forward to many more laughs while learning Japanese!

P. S. I have a crush on Naomi先生。 Shhhh!!!!

Liz21
Expert on Something

Postby Liz21 » August 16th, 2009 12:31 pm

Untmdsprt asked, "What happened to those two?".

As to Yoshi-san, I have kept up with him. (See iLove III,Twist of Fate :wink: ) He formed his own company, Tokyo Circus. He is a street performer! You can check him out on YouTube or his website: http://www.tokyocircus.jp

2 years ago, Yoshi had a goal: to do his street performance in every single state of the U.S. He reached his goal! He carries some little cardboard signs with him which say, "Your smile is beautiful" and "Live Wild".

Presently, Yoshi is living in New York, performing there, working in the theater! He won a green card in a lottery, so he can work in the U.S. legally.

Yoshi is crazy and sweet. I still love listening to his voice on the early podcasts. I have met him twice! It's a blast hearing his voice in person!!

reverser
Been Around a Bit

Postby reverser » August 28th, 2009 9:45 pm

Personal favorite, forget the lesson, but will edit when i find it:

There is a vocab section where the verb 遊ぶ (asobu) comes up, which is defined as "to play."

From my experience, this is also used to describe interactions of a sexual nature in Japanese.

The funny part is, Peter says to Natsuko (or Sakura, I've forgotten), "Any other places we might use this word?"

There is an moment of silence, a giggle between both parties, then they move on.

Funny stuff.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » August 11th, 2010 5:42 am

Liz21 wrote:Untmdsprt asked, "What happened to those two?".

As to Yoshi-san, I have kept up with him. (See iLove III,Twist of Fate :wink: ) He formed his own company, Tokyo Circus. He is a street performer! You can check him out on YouTube or his website: http://www.tokyocircus.jp

2 years ago, Yoshi had a goal: to do his street performance in every single state of the U.S. He reached his goal! He carries some little cardboard signs with him which say, "Your smile is beautiful" and "Live Wild".

Presently, Yoshi is living in New York, performing there, working in the theater! He won a green card in a lottery, so he can work in the U.S. legally.

Yoshi is crazy and sweet. I still love listening to his voice on the early podcasts. I have met him twice! It's a blast hearing his voice in person!!

I remember that, he came to Nashville and never bothered to give me a call so we could meet.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”