Or sign up using Facebook

はじめまして

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

komodo
New in Town

はじめまして

Postby komodo » February 12th, 2007 4:57 am

Hello everyone.

I've just arrived at this wonderful website and would like to introduce myself. I've been studying Japanese as a hobby for a number of years now and my primary teacher has been the Internet. When I say the Internet, I mean anything that comes through my speakers or monitor from the World Wide Web. This includes Skype and Paltalk conversations, subscription to Japanese learning websites and free online lessons. So you could say I pretty much know the ropes when it comes to learning Japanese online. Because of this notion I held, I didn't often search Google for something as simple as "learning Japanese", but on a whim I gave it a shot. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the third link and arrived here. I've only listened to a few podcasts so far but I can already tell I'll be coming back everyday and I'm seriously considering a paid membership. I've been around a while in the online Japanese learning scene, if there is such a thing, and I can say with confidence that this is one of the best resources on the net.

This September, I'll be going to Japan to teach as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) in Japanese public schools. This has been a long-held dream of mine and I'm glad it's come to fruition. If any of you are also coming or have come to Japan to teach English, I'd love to hear about your advice, your experiences, and your opinions. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Komodo
Get 40% OFF

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”