a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Printing the pdfs without the ink using images

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Janis
New in Town

Printing the pdfs without the ink using images

Postby Janis » April 27th, 2006 3:59 am

Yesterday I was able to select, copy and paste the pdf text into both ms word and open office, and except for some minor formatting differences, everything looked good and I didn't have to print the images. But today, the Japanese fonts aren't working, I noticed in document properties that the "pdf producer" in the file that cuts and pastes good is Adobe pdf Library 7 (application used was Adobe InDesign) and in the file that doesn't is Acrobat Distiller 7.0.5 for Mac (Adobe Acrobat 7) . Could this be the difference? (I use Windows). Being able to cut and paste into another application seemed a good solution to the "using too much ink" printer problem without you guys having to create a separate file for printing. Any ideas?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » April 27th, 2006 4:15 am

I just checked and today's PDF won't let me copy either. WinXP and Acrobat Reader 7.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF
Liz21
Expert on Something

Printing transcripts

Postby Liz21 » April 27th, 2006 6:04 pm

I had good luck today by going to Transcripts in the Learning Center and copying that page and copying it to AppleWorks, thereby by-passing the pdf pages entirely. It worked like a charm 8)

Janis
New in Town

Postby Janis » April 27th, 2006 7:42 pm

AppleWorks - A Mac application. I checked it out and it's available for Windows for $79 US. Were you also able to cut and paste the Survival #18 pdfs? because they worked in MS Office and Open Office. Just curious.

Liz21
Expert on Something

printing pdfs

Postby Liz21 » April 27th, 2006 8:02 pm

The issue was not being able to print pdfs, the issue is printing pdfs without the black border at the top. It's an "ink eater". :twisted:
So, copying and pasting seemed to work. I just said AppleWorks because I am a Mac User, but you can certainly paste it in your Microsoft Application. :wink:

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » April 30th, 2006 5:31 pm

Have a look at the new PDF design starting with Beginner Lesson #63. It is designed with your printer in mind :wink: We are hoping to eventually change all previous PDFs to this new design.
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”