a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

No sound on flashcards added from lessons

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

No sound on flashcards added from lessons

Postby mmmason8967 » June 12th, 2013 7:32 am

When I add the vocabulary for a lesson to my flashcards, the sound does not play. This problem has only appeared since the lesson design was updated. Existing flashcards are not affected: only cards added since the update have the problem. To reproduce the problem:-

o Go to any lesson (e.g. Intermediate S1)
o Choose a lesson (e.g. Lesson 3: Meet Yoko!)
o Open Vocabulary and tick all the boxes
o Click the 'Add to Flashcard Deck' button
o Save the flashcards to a new deck (e.g. 'Test Deck')
o Go to flashcards, locate 'Test Deck' and click 'Study'
o ...and note the absence of sound!

If you click 'Edit' on the deck and then try clicking the 'play' button on any flashcard, the sound doesn't play there either.

This is only happening to cards added to My Decks since the update. Existing cards are not affected and work just fine. Newly added cards consistently have no sound.

EDIT: Adding flashcards from other places (e.g. Core Lists) works fine and the added cards have sound. It's ony cards added from the lessons that have no sound.

マイケル

alexanderschlow3958
New in Town

Re: No sound on flashcards added from lessons

Postby alexanderschlow3958 » June 12th, 2013 11:23 am

I had the same experience when I tried your method, but try this as a workaround:

If you click the "3 - Review" section under the audio player in the new layout, and then click the "Vocabulary Flashcards" button there, you will be given the option to create a new deck with all the vocabulary from the lesson. The decks I created this way seem to have functioning sound. Hope that helps!

EDIT: Sound on the cards I added via this alternate method stopped working after I tried the method described in the original post for the same lesson in a new deck. Once I deleted both decks and used the alternate method again, the sound came back. Very strange...

Get 40% OFF
mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » June 12th, 2013 5:12 pm

alexanderschlow3958 wrote:If you click the "3 - Review" section under the audio player in the new layout, and then click the "Vocabulary Flashcards" button there, you will be given the option to create a new deck with all the vocabulary from the lesson. The decks I created this way seem to have functioning sound. Hope that helps!

Yes, it does indeed: your method works for me too! The problem I described still remains, but at least I have an alternative now. And in fact your method is more convenient than the one I was using, so it's a better alternative as well.

Thanks very much!

マイケル

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » June 13th, 2013 2:34 am

Hi マイケル-san,

Thanks for the feedback and for pointing this issue. I'll report it to our tech team.

For now, please use the Flashcard on the Review tab. :D

And let me know if you have further questions!

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » June 13th, 2013 7:33 am

I'm also finding that a few flashcards in existing decks (that is, decks I created a long time ago) have no sound, and I know that they had sound a few days ago. It doesn't seem to be very many--maybe three or four out of every hundred.

マイケル

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » June 13th, 2013 9:13 pm

mmmason8967 wrote:I'm also finding that a few flashcards in existing decks (that is, decks I created a long time ago) have no sound, and I know that they had sound a few days ago. It doesn't seem to be very many--maybe three or four out of every hundred.

...but if I go and fetch the card from the lesson again (using the Review tab of course), I get the sound back.

マイケル

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » June 14th, 2013 12:55 am

Hi All - I just got word from our tech guys that the issue with the missing sound in the flashcards is now resolved. Please let us know if you're still having trouble. Thank you for your patience as we work through some of the kinks.
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”