a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New iTunes Podcast App

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

maikusan
New in Town

New iTunes Podcast App

Postby maikusan » June 2nd, 2013 3:00 pm

After having tried to sync the playlists containing all the Audio Blogswith the new iTunes Podcast app and failed on both iPhone and iPad mini, as suggested I deleted the Podcast App and reset up the sync using only iTunes. I now have the Audio Blogs back in iTunes but no longer is the text of each lesson available within iTunes as was the case before. What has happened, and how can this be remedied.

Because the pdf documents of each lesson no longer seem to work on iPhone or iPad mini (all text in Japanese is missing) the result is that I now have no means of reading the text of each lesson.

Can you help please

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Re: New iTunes Podcast App

Postby paloma_ill » June 13th, 2013 3:34 am

Hi maikusan,

I've informed our technical team about it. I'll get back to you soon with some news.

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Get 40% OFF
maikusan
New in Town

Postby maikusan » June 13th, 2013 5:08 am

Thanks Paloma.

I will look forward to receiving your solution
Best
M

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » July 21st, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi M-san,

I apologize for the delay. I've got an answer from our technical team.
PDF documents work fine on iPhone and iPad mini (all text in Japanese is there). It'd be great if you could send us an email to describing the issue better and telling us your iPhone and iPad mini information so they can investigate your case more specifically.

As for the issues with the iTunes Podcast App, I'm afraid there will be no fix for this for now.
We'll be waiting for your email.

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

maikusan
New in Town

Postby maikusan » July 22nd, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi Paloma,

I had to abandon the 'Books' App and have moved over to the Kindle App. Everything seems to work fine if I use that that.

However, it's a real nuisance that the text of each lesson no longer shows in the Podcast App as it did in the iTunes Music App. Before, it was possible to do a lesson and read the notes from the same App but because iTunes seems to take any podcasts (Audio Blogs, Lessons etc.) by default and put them in the Podcast App, this particularly valuable function that was integral to the Japanese Pod 101 experience is now lost. I have to hop around between the Podcast App and the documents in the Kindle App.

Best

M.

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » August 12th, 2013 12:14 am

Hi Maikusan,
I'm glad you could find a solution.
We'll also let you know if we find anyway to make your life easier for you to master Japanese.

Kind regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Return to “Technical Support”