a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

'My Level' setting in dashboard changes

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

NoelHauser
New in Town

Re: 'My Level' setting in dashboard changes

Postby NoelHauser » February 3rd, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi guys, I have exactly the same problem. And it's just as Javierさん has described. Are you also a Mac user by any chance? I'm using an iMac with safari and an iPad with iOS to view the site and my level also gets reset to "absolute beginner" every time I log in, even though it is permanently set to "beginner" in my profile. I'll download Firefox and try that when I get home and bring feedback.

Noel

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » February 4th, 2013 9:10 am

Hi Noel,
Yes, please do try using a different browser/OS to see if the problem still persists. We also recommend deleting the cookies and cache from your browser, and then logging into the site and trying the steps again.
Please let us know if you have any luck!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
NoelHauser
New in Town

Postby NoelHauser » February 4th, 2013 8:16 pm

Hello again. Just got some feedback about this strange behavior. I downloaded and installed FireFox and it behaves just the same as Safari. On the log in screen i have ticked "remember me" so on both browsers it goes straight to the dashboard page. Both reset to absolute beginner level when doing this. If I log out of either and log back in, then it displays the level correctly. So i tried unselecting the "remember me" option so that I would have to type my user name and password every time I navigated to JPod101.com. Now it displays the level correctly every time I log in, although this means navigating to the home page, clicking on the log in icon and entering my credentials every time. So I think there's some sort of glitch with the "remember me" option. Is this possible? :?

Noel

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » February 4th, 2013 9:36 pm

NoelHauser wrote:So I think there's some sort of glitch with the "remember me" option. Is this possible? :?

Oh, good catch! I've been trying to reproduce the problem on Windows 7 using Firefox, Opera and Safari but I haven't been able to make it happen. But I haven't waited long enough for my session to time-out, so it could well be some combination of (a) ticking "Remember Me" and (b) letting your session time out.

I think you can side-step the problem fairly easily in Safari by getting it to remember your credentials. Basically you'd need to do the following:-

First, create a bookmark for http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php (i.e. the Dashboard).
    Next, change the Autofill setting on Safari so it will remember user names and passwords.
    Then go to the bookmarked page and untick "Remember Me".
    Now enter your username and password and click "Sign In". Safari will offer to remember the credentials.
From this point on Safari will fill in the username and password when you visit the bookmarked link. You only need to click the "Sign In" button.

To configure Autofill on Safari, either click the gear-wheel icon at the top right and select "Preferences", or select "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu. Then click the Autofill icon and make sure that User names and passwords is ticked.

Hope this helps,

マイケル

NoelHauser
New in Town

Postby NoelHauser » February 5th, 2013 4:51 pm

Ah, yes. That is a pretty good work-around. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Return to “Technical Support”