a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

[Solved] My Flashcards II - The Revenge

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

chris666
Been Around a Bit

Re: My Flashcards II - The Revenge

Postby chris666 » December 13th, 2012 4:20 pm

What's currently going on here is ridiculous. Just stop pretending that you are able to provide a flashcard system.

There is iKnow and there is skritter. iKnow had to learn it the hard way that customer support is necessary. After they became a paid service there was hardly any customer support and a lot of people left. Now you can use their bug tracking system and expect that the bugs are fixed within a couple of days. If the service is unavailable you can follow on twitter.

The support of the skritter people is even better. Once I was stuck because of a problem in the data for one kanji. I got into contact with a person there within minutes and the problem was fixed after 2 or 3 emails a few hours later. This was a Sunday night.

tokothsnw1603
New in Town

Postby tokothsnw1603 » December 13th, 2012 7:14 pm

I am able to access the flashcards, but I am unable to add new decks from my most recent lessons. Is there a maximum number of decks I am allowed? And while I'm asking, is there a maximum number of cards for a single deck? I haven't been able to use the flashcards to study my last two lessons.
ヒッチコック・ ジェレミー

Get 40% OFF
tokothsnw1603
New in Town

Postby tokothsnw1603 » December 13th, 2012 7:27 pm

I just went to check the decks again form Absolute Beginners Season 1 Lesson 11 and a new deck was finally formed! Yay, I can go study now!
ヒッチコック・ ジェレミー

chris666
Been Around a Bit

Postby chris666 » December 13th, 2012 9:23 pm

I see more and more decks. Alas, none of them has any relationship to what I'm currently studying. Normal people would start to look for the backup from Wednesday when Flashcard were available the lat time. But I fear that this is something unknown to the guys responsible for the flashcard system.

frasermacleod19958428
New in Town

Postby frasermacleod19958428 » December 13th, 2012 10:00 pm

I've had the same problem with all my flashcard progress being deleted and replaced with Core 100 and Core 2000, and my Kanji bank has changed so I now only have 12 kanji where I previously had over 200. Can this all be restored?

Edit: The flashcards are back to normal now.

chris666
Been Around a Bit

Postby chris666 » December 14th, 2012 7:47 am

For me they are not back to normal. Every time I have a look there are more "Absolute Beginners" decks, most of thme started. My decks would be "Upper Intermediate". Since the decks are started, I assume that those are the data of someone else.

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » December 14th, 2012 8:38 am

Hello everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the recent issues with our flashcards. It started out with some regular maintenance work on the database, but there were unforeseen problems that led to it taking longer than it should have. The temporary "loss" of data was due to the decks being disconnected from ther users in the process - please be assured that there is no loss of actual data. They are now restored, but if anyone is still missing their decks, please let us know, and we will fix them right away. We apologize again for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
As a thank you for speaking up, please email us at for a free download from our Innovative Language Product Store.

Thank you again,

Jessi
Team JapanesePod101.com
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

dominicashmole1350
Been Around a Bit

Postby dominicashmole1350 » December 14th, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Jessi,

Thank you for being in touch on these issues. Please be aware, though, that for me, at least, the problem is just as it was 12 hours ago.

Neither My Flashcards nor My Wordbank are showing the appropriate state.

Regards,

Dominic

atomsk
Site Admin

Postby atomsk » December 14th, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Dominic,

We just checked your data, and I see 227 words in your wordbank and also flashcards decks. We also updated the website with some bugfixes since your last post. Do your flashcards load now? If you still have problems loading your flashcards, we could use some more information to help us find the problem: Browser version, OS,.. Please feel free to mail us at for that!

Thank you,

Marvin
Team JapanesePod101.com

dominicashmole1350
Been Around a Bit

Postby dominicashmole1350 » December 14th, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Marvin,

I confirm that my data now appears to be as it should be.

Long may it continue.

Regards,

Dominic

Return to “Technical Support”