Or sign up using Facebook

Video vocab not streaming nor dloading

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lloydcrawley1227
New in Town

Video vocab not streaming nor dloading

Postby lloydcrawley1227 » November 28th, 2012 4:17 am

Hi
Over the past couple of weeks for me the video vocab section on the lessons I've tested in season 2 intermediate no longer stream nor download. For review of earlier lessons the format of these videos is very useful for self-testing. I thought it was a temporary issue but is still happening. Please can you look into this?
Thank you.

*edit - for more info my browser is chrome and I have also tried deleting cookies/cache but this hasn't helped neither!

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Video vocab not streaming nor dloading

Postby mmmason8967 » November 28th, 2012 8:27 pm

I've just tried three or four Video Vocab links in randomly chosen Lower Intermediate S2 lessons, and they all worked fine in my copy of Chrome. Can you give examples of lessons that have Video Vocab that doesn't stream?

Does Video Vocab work if you try a different browser (e.g. Firefox)?

Regarding the problem you're having downloading, do you mean the file doesn't download when you click the link, or do you mean it won't play after you've downloaded it?

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
lloydcrawley1227
New in Town

Postby lloydcrawley1227 » November 29th, 2012 6:13 am

The file didn't start downloading when I clicked the download link. When clicking the stream link the bar in the middle of the screen just scrolls over and over. However, this is just within Chrome, although they worked fine a few weeks ago. I just tried with Firefox and it's fine. I don't understand what the chrome problem is!

Thank you.

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » November 29th, 2012 8:41 am

No, I don't know what the Chrome problem is either!

You could try choosing About Google Chrome from the menu: this will make Chrome check for updates. But you'll probably find it's up-to-date. For reference, my copy says it's version 23.0.1271.91 m.

Also, try checking the plug-ins. Type chrome://plugins in the address box, then look for the Quicktime plugins. Check that it isn't disabled: scroll to the end of the Quicktime listing and at the bottom there's an option to Disable or Enable (it's next to a checkbox labelled Always alowed?).

The quicktime plugins can be disabled individually, so check quicktime plugin #6, the one that handles *.m4v files, and make sure that one isn't disabled.

For reference, my Quicktime plugins are version 7.7.3 (1680.64).

マイケル

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » November 30th, 2012 4:03 am

Hi lloydcrawley,
Thank you for posting! I'm looking into why these videos may be a problem on Chrome. Please try the steps マイケルさん has kindly offered in the meantime :)

Thank you for your patience!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

lloydcrawley1227
New in Town

Postby lloydcrawley1227 » December 12th, 2012 12:06 am

Thank you for your replies. I tried downloading the latest quicktime + chrome, looking at the enabled plugins etc but no luck. Shockingly, now firefox is affected too. I even tried Internet Explorer and that has the same problem. So it seems to now be a general problem on my pc! :shock:

Jessi

Postby Jessi » December 14th, 2012 9:43 am

Hello everyone,
It looks like there may be a problem with the video vocab lessons in general.
We are looking into moving them to a different server, so it might be a few days before they are up and running again. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. :ue:
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Jessi

Postby Jessi » December 18th, 2012 1:36 am

Hello everyone,
We've finally been able to locate the problem, and the videos are working again.
Please try them again and let me know if you have any further issues.

Thank you!

Return to “Technical Support”