Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese input on iPad iOS 6

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mrsspooky5154
Been Around a Bit

Re: Japanese input on iPad iOS 6

Postby mrsspooky5154 » April 21st, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks much, Natsko-san.

I don't believe there is anything that can (or should) be done by Japanesepod101.com staff. I just wanted everyone to know when there is a change of status for this issue.

I was fairly pleased by the conversation I had with Apple Support and I'm now somewhat hopeful that Apple will provide a fix. Can't say WHEN it will be fixed, but now more than before I have hope. :) :picket:

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 22nd, 2013 12:18 am

mrsspooky5154-san,
glad to know you had a pleasant conversation with Apple support!
Hope they can actually provide a solution; many listeners are using iPhone and they'll find it inconvenient otherwise.

Hope other listeners will also make "complaints" to Apple and make them realise it was a bad choice of alternation :mrgreen:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
mrsspooky5154
Been Around a Bit

Postby mrsspooky5154 » April 22nd, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi Natsuko-san,

I just had a thought. I was looking through the app store to see if anyone had made a font package for the ipad and I see several, but not Asian fonts.

I know you have app developers there at Japanesepod101.com because I have some of your apps. What if they could bundle the fonts into a font pack for iOS? Would an application used to display pdfs be able to use those fonts for displaying what's in the pdf file?

I don't know what Apple is going to do or how long it's going to take for them to do it. Wanted to see if a third party had already created a set of Asian fonts but i didn't see any.

Maybe your technical folks would know if it's possible to create a font pack for iOS which when installed would make those fonts available to use by other applications.

Just a thought. :)

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 23rd, 2013 4:33 am

mrsspooky5154-san,
thank you very much for sharing your thoughts! :D
I'll talk to my tech team to discuss better about your thoughts and suggestions.
To be honest, I'm rubbish at IT and technology :oops: so, I'd better ask them than delude myself or
anyone with my imaginary invention :mrgreen:
Hope we can have good solution for that!

Are you currently seeing Lesson Notes Lite despite being heavy?

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

mrsspooky5154
Been Around a Bit

Postby mrsspooky5154 » April 23rd, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Natsuko-san,

I hear you about having rubbish technical skills. I used to have them when I was technical, but when I moved into Management they kind of packed up their bags and left, you know? ;)

Thanks much for passing along the question.

I haven't downloaded the lite version of the lesson notes after the first couple that I tried as a test. I decided to just use the normal, smaller files with Adobe Reader. It's working fine, just not as much fun as it was with this other application I was using. At least Adobe Reader does work and I can view my lesson notes, so life goes on. :)

Thanks,
Spook

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » April 24th, 2013 6:41 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments. Our tech team developed a new Lesson Notes version that supports Japanese. If you have the old PDF version, please try downloading the new version. It should work fine now.

Please let me know if you're still having any issues.

Regards,
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

mrsspooky5154
Been Around a Bit

Postby mrsspooky5154 » August 6th, 2013 4:59 pm

I just wanted to say that I am now on the Lower Intermediate S2 lessons and went to look at the lesson notes and they DO work - the kanji and kana do show up in my application of choice on iOS 6.

No idea how long I've had them, but who cares? :)

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » August 7th, 2013 4:29 am

Hi mrsspooky5154-san,

Thanks for the comment!
Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Return to “Technical Support”