a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Learn Japanese Complete for PC will not launch

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mdwestlake3609
New in Town

Learn Japanese Complete for PC will not launch

Postby mdwestlake3609 » October 1st, 2012 8:00 pm

I am running Windows 7 32-bit on an Acer Aspire 5810TZ-4657 laptop.

I downloaded the Learn Japanese - Complete Audio Course from store.innovativelanguage.com.

After getting my e-mail and downloading all the applicable .zip files, I went to run the first lesson. I got the usual security prompt from windows, but then the program never opened. After the prompt, nothing would happen. All other .exe files are running smoothly.

I tried restarting, deleting and re-unzipping the files, changing the registry back to the default .exe associations, running as administrator, and running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Any help getting this program running would be appreciated.

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Learn Japanese Complete for PC will not launch

Postby mmmason8967 » October 1st, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't have experience of this software, but if you're downloading it as ZIP files it's possible that the files may be "blocked" by Windows. Sometimes this blocking has little effect other than causing a security warning to be displayed, and sometimes it prevents programs from working properly.

Right-click on one of the ZIP files and choose "Properties". If the message "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" is displayed at the bottom of the dialog box, the ZIP file is blocked. Click the Unblock button and then the Apply button.

Note that if you need to unblock a ZIP file, you must do it before you unzip it, otherwise every file inside the ZIP ends up being blocked as you unzip it.

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
mdwestlake3609
New in Town

Postby mdwestlake3609 » October 3rd, 2012 4:50 pm

mmmason8967 wrote:I don't have experience of this software, but if you're downloading it as ZIP files it's possible that the files may be "blocked" by Windows. Sometimes this blocking has little effect other than causing a security warning to be displayed, and sometimes it prevents programs from working properly.

Right-click on one of the ZIP files and choose "Properties". If the message "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" is displayed at the bottom of the dialog box, the ZIP file is blocked. Click the Unblock button and then the Apply button.

Note that if you need to unblock a ZIP file, you must do it before you unzip it, otherwise every file inside the ZIP ends up being blocked as you unzip it.

マイケル

That was one of the problems, so I deleted everything, redownloaded, unlocked everything, and then tried unzipping again. The program still won't launch.

Thank you for that tip though, I wasn't aware that .zip files could have blocks on them.

ryanbeck87
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby ryanbeck87 » October 9th, 2012 7:40 am

Hello mdwestlake3609,

I have sent an email to your registered account that has a download link for an alternative exe file for level 1.
Please give it a try, and if you are still experiencing issues, let me know and we will be sure to look into it further and take care of it.

spashley4319072
New in Town

Postby spashley4319072 » December 18th, 2012 9:32 am

I'm currently experiencing the same thing, someone please help me. None of the lessons are launching :(

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » December 18th, 2012 10:32 am

I'm very sorry for problems! :(
I'll talk to our technical team, so someone will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » December 19th, 2012 9:31 am

Hi spashley,
You should receive an email or some kind of response from our tech team. If you don't hear from them within a couple of days, please post back. Thank you!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

ioana
New in Town

Postby ioana » December 27th, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi there!

I've had some problems with the zip files of this course too. It's running now :D so I'll post the steps here for everybody who doesn't know what to do in the future:

1. download all the files
2. unlock the files that are locked by windows (some even might not be locked)
3. move all files into one directory, that doesn't contain any other files
4. get "winzip" if you don't already have it (there is a free trial version)
5. unzip "all files in the directory" with winzip
6. next you need a .NET-Framework running on your computer (you'll get a prompt in case you don't already have it, when you try to start one of the .exe files)
7. start learning Japanese the fun and easy way!!! :oiwai:

Good luck!

solarlark6339
New in Town

Postby solarlark6339 » January 2nd, 2013 11:08 am

I had the same problem with the Chinese complete audio course. I couldn't unzip them using 7zip or with Windows 8's internal zip program; however, I could with Winrar. Apparently Winzip also works as Ioana mentioned.

These files need to be rezipped in a more conventional way.

beansy7070
New in Town

Postby beansy7070 » May 23rd, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm having this problem now. I got the Japanese complete for PC and the files won't unzip or extract on window. It also doesn't work on any online unzipping engines. An error keeps popping up.

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » May 27th, 2013 2:27 am

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with our Learn Japanese - Complete Audio Course
Can you please send an email to so our technical team can help you with your issues?

Thanks everyone for learning Japanese with us!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

martinmatt902065
New in Town

Postby martinmatt902065 » August 28th, 2013 4:01 pm

Hello,

I've downloaded the Japanese Complete for PC files from the store but I can't seem to extract or unzip the files. I'm using Windows 7 on an HP Touchsmart 310, and keep getting an error message whenever I try to unzip the folder with the built-in Windows extraction tool. I've unblocked the files but still can't extract them. I've even tried different extraction programs and had the same problem. With Winzip I get the following error message:

Extracting to "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\wzef20\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes
Extracting japanese-complete-pc\japanese-complete-pc\Learn Japanese - Level 1 - Introduction Audio Course.exe
Unable to find the local header for japanese-complete-pc\japanese-complete-pc\Learn Japanese - Level 1 - Introduction Audio Course.exe.
Severe Error: Cannot find a local header.

As it tries to extract each file the same message appears for each. The Windows built-in extraction tool simply says it encountered an unspecified error. Please help! I don't know what else to do!

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 28th, 2013 5:34 pm

The "cannot find local header" error message usually means that the Zip file is corrupt. If that's the case, there is no way to fix it: you need to try downloading it again.

マイケル

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » September 1st, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi martinmatt902065,

Our team should have contacted you already. If you haven't heard from us yet, please email with your order number, and they will be sure to resolve this issue for you.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”