Or sign up using Facebook

Lessons' PDF problems

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

eleonoratronci9472
New in Town

Lessons' PDF problems

Postby eleonoratronci9472 » September 28th, 2012 10:04 am

こんいちわ! :flower:
I am an absolute beginner from Italy, and I have a problem with lessons' PDF... :?

Lesson Notes PDF is empty (look here, that's what I see)

Lesson Notes Lite PDF is quite readable with japanese character ruined (look here, that's what I see)...

What's the difference between these two files? If they are equal, I can download the second...
The second file is only for Premium Account?

Thanks a lot! :kokoro:

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: Lessons' PDF problems

Postby mmmason8967 » September 28th, 2012 2:57 pm

The contents of Lesson Notes and Lesson Notes Lite are the same. Lesson Notes has pretty fonts and formatting. Lesson Notes Lite has basic fonts and less formatting.

Try downloading the Lesson Notes PDF file to your Desktop, and then double-click it to view it. Do the fonts display correctly if you do this?

Personally I don't like running a PDF reader inside the browser. I prefer to set the browser to download the PDF and then open Adobe Reader (or Foxit or Sumatra) in a separate window. I find this a lot less troublesome.

マイケル

Get 40% OFF
eleonoratronci9472
New in Town

Postby eleonoratronci9472 » September 29th, 2012 1:49 pm

mmmason8967 wrote:The contents of Lesson Notes and Lesson Notes Lite are the same. Lesson Notes has pretty fonts and formatting. Lesson Notes Lite has basic fonts and less formatting.

Try downloading the Lesson Notes PDF file to your Desktop, and then double-click it to view it. Do the fonts display correctly if you do this?

Personally I don't like running a PDF reader inside the browser. I prefer to set the browser to download the PDF and then open Adobe Reader (or Foxit or Sumatra) in a separate window. I find this a lot less troublesome.

マイケル

ありがとう for reply! I tried to download it first, and then clicking it to open... but there is the same problem :(

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » September 29th, 2012 7:35 pm

Maybe your PDF reader needs to have East Asian Language support installed. Some PDF readers need to have a separate update installed in order to display Japanese: Foxit Reader does, and I think older versions of Adobe Reader do.

Which PDF reader are you using? And which operating system (XP, Windows 7, Mac, etc)?

マイケル

eleonoratronci9472
New in Town

Postby eleonoratronci9472 » October 2nd, 2012 12:28 pm

mmmason8967 wrote:Maybe your PDF reader needs to have East Asian Language support installed. Some PDF readers need to have a separate update installed in order to display Japanese: Foxit Reader does, and I think older versions of Adobe Reader do.

Which PDF reader are you using? And which operating system (XP, Windows 7, Mac, etc)?

マイケル

You was right ^_^ I updated my Acrobat Reader with support for Japanese :P yeeeeh :flower:
Thank you for support!!

Return to “Technical Support”