a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

My Feed Blues

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

guehla
New in Town

My Feed Blues

Postby guehla » June 17th, 2012 5:27 am

Hi, I'm a relatively new Premium Member and have been looking forward to using the My Feed feature, but am having some iTunes issues. After clicking the link to activate My Feed (step 3 on your set up page), I understand I'm meant to enter my JapanesePod101 username and password when prompted. The problem is that iTunes opens, but no dialogue box appears (ie. I'm not given the opportunity to enter any info). So something's getting hung-up/not connecting somewhere along the line. Any suggestions to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » June 17th, 2012 9:35 am

guehla-san,
I'm so sorry for your problem. I'll consult to the technical team and get back to you the soonest.
Thank you for the patience.

Get 40% OFF
Jessi

Postby Jessi » July 3rd, 2012 7:06 am

Hi guehla,
Are you still experiencing this issue? We are having trouble pinpointing the problem. If you are still having trouble, please let us know the username you are using to try and sign in, and we will try it on our end. Thank you!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

guehla
New in Town

No go.

Postby guehla » July 3rd, 2012 10:17 am

お疲れ。。。

Nope, same as always, iTunes opens, but that's it. No option to enter my user name, etc. (which is guehla, btw.)

By the way, I appreciate your work on the advanced audio blog. I always learn something new there.

Cheers

Jessi

Postby Jessi » July 4th, 2012 12:40 am

Thanks for the response!
I have a couple of questions:

Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed? If not, please try updating to the latest version.

Also, when you click on the link that says Podcasts on the left-hand side menu under Library in iTunes, does anything related to JapanesePod101 show up? If you see an icon for JapanesePod101, try double clicking it and seeing what happens.
Let me know how it goes!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

guehla
New in Town

まだ

Postby guehla » July 4th, 2012 4:00 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have the latest version, and I am subscribed (so the Jpod icon appears when I open the podcast menu). Like always it just downloads the most recent show (yay, natto) ...When I go through the My Feed instructions still nothing at all happens.

One related thing: From looking at the setup, I'm assuming I can bulk-download past seasons/etc using My Feed (for example get all the season 3 dialogues at a go) ? If this isn't possible through My Feed, is there another way to do it?

Thanks, Chris

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » July 4th, 2012 6:16 am

Hi Chris,

let's see if this will work! Please follow the instructions below:

1) You said there is the icon of the feed on the podcast of your iTunes. Please ignore or delete this podcast. We are going to create new ones!
2) Close iTunes
3) Got to our website->log in->go to My Tools-> My feed

This is were you can perform bulk downloads of whole series if you want!

4) Follow the steps 1 (Select the types of lessons you want to receive), 2 (Select the related file types you want to receive), 3 (Enter a unique name for your My Feed) and then click on the link that will appear right below this line "For iTunes, simply click on the link below (be sure to have iTunes installed)".
5) iTunes should now automatically run and a user name and password prompt should appear.
6) After you enter the credentials correctly, the Feed should appear if you double click on the podcast and there will be a button "Get All" if downloading the files doesn't start automatically.

You can create many customized feeds, according to your preferences and level, so feel free to use this utility of our website :wink:

Depending on how many files you chose to download, downloading them could take a while on a slow connection!

I hope this helps! If not, please let us know again!

Stefania/JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”