a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Job interview survival phrases

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Harv
Established Presence

Job interview survival phrases

Postby Harv » August 28th, 2006 2:00 pm

Can we have a Job interview survival phrases, unless there has already been one which I havent found yet.

Just in case you were wondering i'm still in university so no job interviews yet but the podcast could be helpful in the future.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » August 28th, 2006 6:21 pm

I think it would make an excellent lesson. But it'd probably be too advanced for a survival phrase lesson. It would make a good intermediate lesson, I think.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF
Harv
Established Presence

Postby Harv » August 28th, 2006 10:19 pm

Any kind of lesson would be great really. How to write a formal letter to a buisness and how to write a Japanese style CV (if it's any different) would be great too.

Alan
Expert on Something

Postby Alan » August 31st, 2006 5:25 am

Formal letters would be a big topic. There's a few pages on it in the book 'Japanese for All Occasions' published by Tuttle. A big difference appears to be that the name of the recipient and the date goes at the bottom rather than the top. There's a list of suitable introductory phrases as well. Worth a look. Nothing on CV's though.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » August 31st, 2006 5:44 am

Alan wrote:Formal letters would be a big topic. There's a few pages on it in the book 'Japanese for All Occasions' published by Tuttle. A big difference appears to be that the name of the recipient and the date goes at the bottom rather than the top. There's a list of suitable introductory phrases as well. Worth a look. Nothing on CV's though.

I also think that CVs would be an EXCELLENT thing to have in the premium learner's section. It's kinda difficult to do an audio podcast on things that are, by definition, written, though.

But the job interview stuff could be handled in a lesson quite easily.

They could actually work it out so that it was the Gakucho's parole hearing. Parole hearing=formal interview with serious consequences if you screw up.

Hilarity ensues?

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » August 31st, 2006 5:50 am

Gakuchou argues to get left in prison?
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » August 31st, 2006 6:05 am

Jason wrote:Gakuchou argues to get left in prison?

Nah, perhaps by now, he's experienced some of the less savoury aspects of Japanese prison life.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”